Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera was unresponsive after about 8 days....  (Read 2319 times)

dfennell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Camera was unresponsive after about 8 days....
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

I tested the camera indoors prior to installing in its perm location. Camera was working fine, pic's, video. However, this morning I noticed no alerts. On the PC running the interface a window message indicated it lost connection to the cam. I tried to connect from several other PC's no response. I have to unplug the power & plug back in to get the cam back online. Any ideas? This is a serious problem for me as I have several remote locations that I can't always be physically there also to use these cams for a security system I can't afford to have something happen and then figure out that that was the night the camera checked out. Please advise? Anyone else seen this? This will seriously effect my decision to continue to deploy these cameras. I think they are great, seem to work good but they have to stay online bottom line.
Thanks,
Darin

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Camera was unresponsive after about 8 days....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

Darin,

It sounds like they may be too far away from your wifi router.

Do you have these connected wirelessly or are they hard wired? If you are using them wirelessly, how far away from the router are they?

Also, do you have the indoor pan and tilt camera or the outdoor camera.

dfennell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Camera was unresponsive after about 8 days....
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »

I have the outdoor camera, I use them hard wired. Is there some "wake on lan" or some other config that might be interfering?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.