Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: After many years not having problems  (Read 2029 times)

johnsti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
After many years not having problems
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »

Well I just spent a day trying to fix my issues. I have been running a system in my house for many years and I have been using the xpcr and a filter circuit. The strange thing is that I replaced my motion lights in the past 6 months and I can control them however my light switches are giving my a problem on both sides of the 240v. I hope that the XTB-IIR and 2 XTB-ANR fix the problem. And they only thing that was changed in the last 6 months was the tv and the wireless router with a access point to my directv. And I powered them down. And I also run cpf lights but that has been a few years ago.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: After many years not having problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »

Your friendly power company didn't give you a nice shinny Smart Meter did they?

johnsti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

No. I can only think to the older wall switches are going bad. Not likely. We did have a power outage a number of months ago. Maybe that took out the repeater and filter, not sure and also the new x10 motions be also be of a better design since they work. I will see it JV's stuff fixes the issues.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »

I have a few thoughts:
1. Have you recently replaced any CFL bulbs? A new one might be noisier than whatever it replaced.
2. If you are using WS467 switches, do you have at least one Incandescent bulb on the circuit (to allow the switch to get power when the lights are off)?
3. Might you have a CFL that is failing, and putting out a lot of noise?
4. Have you done a "breaker box test" yet, to try and see if you can narrow down the problem to a specific circuit?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.