Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Run from Interface versus Run from PC confusion  (Read 1748 times)

JoKer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Run from Interface versus Run from PC confusion
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »

Help!

My mind is getting boggled trying to figure out a couple of issues relating to macros executing from the interfaces' copy or from the PC's copy:

First, my assumption was (is) that a macro that's been flagged as "Run from Interface" will cause execution of the copy of the macro that exists in the interface, even when it is triggered manually from the PC.  This does not seem to be the case, however, but I'm having trouble getting a handle on it for sure.  The thing that makes me wonder is when the interface has been wiped, and so the only copy of a Run from Interface macro exists on the PC, yet it seems to run.  Howcum?   Bottom line question is what copy of a macro actually gets executed under what conditions?  And, by extension, when testing a Run from Interface macro, do I need to download each new iteration each time in order to test its operation - or is there a way to test the changes from the PC without having to download each iteration?  (I hope someone can clear up how this all plays).

Second, about the 16 event flags:  Where do those flags actually exist?  Obviously, there are flags in the interface because it is capable of stand-alone operation.  But are those interface-based flags used even when a macro is executing from the PC's copy?  Or, is there another set of 16 flags on the PC side, that are used during execution from the PC?  If so, which flag set takes precedence, and when?  (I ask because I am seeing situations where the flags do not seem to be working - that is, for condition tests - at times, yet do work other times, and I'm trying to get a handle on what's going on).

Both of these questions are confusing my troubleshooting efforts, so it would be really helpful to know how they are SUPPOSED to work.

Thanks in advance for all good insights.

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Run from Interface versus Run from PC confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »

Joker,

One thing I do before creating and testing macros, is create one to set all the flags in a know state.  Then I run it manually before running the macro I'm testing.  Helped me alleviate weird problems I was having with flags.  Hope this helps......

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »

which interface?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

JoKer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.