Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS10A modules  (Read 1800 times)

Diocrew

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS10A modules
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »

I am having a hard time getting AHP to recognize all my window/door sensors.

I keep getting an error that says "The module 'front door' has been found with the security code just received. Make sure you working with the correct sensor or remote." So what happens is that when I try to install a module say for my dining room windows, I recevied the error message above.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks!

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
Re: DS10A modules
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »

Is this problem happening with the same 2 sensors, or is it different sensors each time.  I would try and remove the batteries from 2 sensors causing the issue and then install the batteries. After doing that i would hold down the button under the cover of the battery door for 2-3 seconds until the sensor light blinks. This process will reassign a new code to the sensor.  It sounds as though the 2 sensors happened to choose the same code upon battery install. A very rare occurrence but not impossible.

Hope this helps

Diocrew

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »

It have received the error message when I tried to install 3 or 4 window sensor modules in AHP. They all installed correctly on the SC1200 so I figured that they should all have a unique code.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:03:43 AM »

When you first put the batteries in the DS10A. Did you hold the test button for a second to ensure a new code was generated?
It does sound like two of them are using the same security code ID.
Though I doubt the SC1200 would have registered two DS10As with the exact same security code.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:20:45 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.