Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Root or rooting yor Tablet?  (Read 2691 times)

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Root or rooting yor Tablet?
« on: April 05, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »

I keep reading and hearing about rooting or to root an Android tablet. What is Rooting?  ??? Many times they say that if you root your tablet it will void the warranty. :'(

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Re: Root or rooting yor Tablet?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 03:28:23 PM »

in the unix world the user "root" has permission to do anything... as a normal user u can not run certain programs or change permissions on files, as root u can do pretty much anything to include trash the system. IE as user root rm -rf in the root directory will remove everything on the disk recursively and NOT ask u "are you sure", a normal user is not allowed to do that.

btw: the XL comes rooted...others can tell u if the 7P is rooted.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:34:05 PM by hairface »
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

ce_runner

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Root or rooting yor Tablet?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »

I found a link to an ICS image that roots the Airpad 7p. I flashed the 7p with it and is now rooted to the extent that "Wifi File Explorer" now allows writing to the extsd mount. Google Play was also installed and once synced to my account, made my apps available. I have just begun to test this with other apps but it is promising.

What do you have to lose? You can always re-flash with the x10 or ployer images. cj

http://www.pathfindertech.net/install-android-4-03-on-x10-air-pad-7p-ics-root-version/   

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.