Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Airpad XL Refurbished Review  (Read 35024 times)

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
Re: Airpad XL Refurbished Review
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »

dberk

if you really want google play send me a personal message and I will assist you. I have no problem setting aside time and helping someone with there tablet. 

The forum is here for us to help each other.

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »

daldue and hairface:
Quote:
"You do how ever have to edit the key files because the Volume buttons don't work but most of the time you can access the tool bar without exiting the program and control the volume."

Ok X10 Repair depot says the install is the same for ICS ployer as GB posted here, but you make mention of above instructions -

Can you post what a newbie would have to do?   If google play isn't going to be part of X10's post - I think I want to go with the Ployer one.

BUT as a "newbie"  I need some help please!

And also please let me know what I "cannot do" with this new Upgrade....

This is the latest Ployer download for ICS for the XL?
http://en.ployer.cn/uploadfile/201204/CM008-4-0406.rar

Please and Thanks

Jimdi

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »

From X10 Repair Depot:

Also, due to licensing issues, the X10 version will not have Go ogle Play installed.

Two issues with this:
1) Wouldn't it be fair to your customer base to note this on your website? Full disclosure is important, especially to android newbies like myself.
2) Can somebody post a newbie-link to a workaround to allow us to access android market product? I'll assume that X10 doesn't want to / can't give us that information directly.

Thanks.

Our sales website states that our tablets have Amazon Market support, it never indicated that the this unit would have Google Play (Market) support. This will not change with the new release.  Getting certified by Google to be able supply Google Play is a huge undertaking and it is the reason that no low to mid range tablets LEGITIMATELY have Google support.

If you choose to install the manufacturer's OS rather than the X10 OS, then you should refer to forums specifically geared towards the OEM model.

I agree with Repair depot - however I would point out in all fairness that I was taken in by your ad SHOWING things like facebook etc... when the Actual Facebook app and other that you advertise are NOT available on Amazon - that you must go to google to get them.  Amazon does have some third party apps - but you don' show those in your ad-- you show facebook.  While "technically" you are right - it is a little misleading - it got me.  -- The ad shows Facebook - Youtube and Watch Movies - as big selling points with pictures - there is no * saying with 3rd party apps.  Google play is huge= - spend the the money - or give us the option of paying for it. Please! And thanks you.

hairface

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »

jimdi,

putting google play on the tablet is not a big deal and most apps can be gotten from other sources.

the key files only need to be changed if u upgrade to ICS.

the 0406 image is not worth the download.....lots of bloatware and nothing new.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

Here is a list of apps that I wanted that are not on Amazon:  (I have found some sources like H says - if you know of more apps/sources - please add them to the list)
Shazam - (No direct download mfg - found a version - don't know if it's current at a 3rd party site - no update ability available except through Google)
Facebook  (No direct download from mfg -it's Google or nothing.)  Using Friendcaster from Amazon - don't know if it's better or not - seems clumsy.
PlayOn- called tech support - the directly emailed me the app - they only distribute through Google.
EyeFi - called tech support - the directly emailed me the app - they only distribute through Google.
Youtube - just 3rd party apps
Google Maps?
Google Earth?
I also had an app looking for a "speech engine" that was only from "google apps" dumped it and got another reader.

Again if you know of a Solid Source for Apps other than Google and Amazon - please post.

Thank You

hairface

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »

try
www.freewarelovers.com
u will find some of them on that site

H

Jimdi

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »

Thanks...will take a look

dberk

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »

The X10 website regarding the XL now states:

"The new AirPad XL is powered by Android 2.3.4, and will be upgradable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) soon."

That is to say, it no longer claims that the ICS will be available in February.

Jimdi

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »

OMG!!!!!!!!! -:)

JUST installed ICS v 4.03 with Google Play /android app --- Night and Day difference in tablet performance.

Videos play smoother, videos over my network play smoother....

tablet apps are more responsive....

I dont' see a downside to this....

And the App Store!  Google compared to Amazon is like Walgreens VS Walmart for selection.

Couldn't live again without Google Play / Android App store!

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Which build of the 4.0.3 version?  Helps everyone to know please.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

Jimdi

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »

Sorry - 4-03331.rar is the downloaded compressed image...Android version just says 4.0.3 on the tablet

img file is 01F2-P1-H1-M01-1883.20120331.img

I haven't come across one chinese character anywhere in the process....

I really haven't noticed spell check for better or worse - It seems to be displaying words as I type and they seem correct.

hairface

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »

The 0514 image is better than the 0331.

H

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »

Yes, you definitely want to upgrade.  That is why I asked.  :)
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

Jimdi

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

"The 0514 image is better than the 0331."

In what way?   I assume with 0514 - I would have to do the Google Play Store Hack you had sent me...

Please let me know I am curious.

Oh yes ... I can still use the same version of Livesuit for 0514 that I used for 0331 correct?
and follow the same install procedure - only this time I can skip the volume key hack correct?

Jim

hairface

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »

yes to livesuit and correct on keyfiles.
it seems to run faster than 0331

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.