Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Timer turn lamps off, but will not turn them on.  (Read 11113 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Timer turn lamps off, but will not turn them on.
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »

Yawn.

The CM11A does not have enough memory to "download" programs. It only acts as a computer to PLC interface.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »

Active Home for the CM11A has no problems downloading timers and macros to a CM11A. Just limited space to how many would fit.
Probably would also have DST and newer Operating Systems issues.  ;)

Active Home Pro seems to be flawed when connected to a CM11A and with X10s present state of affairs. I doubt much will be done with it.
As they are no longer selling the CM11A. Only third party X10 dealers are selling them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:03:42 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Makes you wonder why X10 made AHP use the CM11A if there's so many problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:16 AM »

To rule out any difference in the module definition, you can try defining ALL of them as appliance modules (in AHP), and seeing if that makes a difference in the way the modules react.
You might just have some signal/noise issues that are interfering with the signals.
The CM11A might be sending out the right signals, but the signals aren't making to the modules clearly.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »

The way I heard the story (from someone who is no longer at X10), they had an OEM customer who requested it (I think for use with the SDK, not necessarily with AHP itself).
Using the CM11A with AHP was never going to be able to replace the functionality of the CM15A, but the older AH had lots of issues with Windows XP and later versions.
this at least give *some* of the functions.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »

The way I heard the story (from someone who is no longer at X10), they had an OEM customer who requested it (I think for use with the SDK, not necessarily with AHP itself).
Using the CM11A with AHP was never going to be able to replace the functionality of the CM15A, but the older AH had lots of issues with Windows XP and later versions.
this at least give *some* of the functions.

The main issue was some motherboards would cause serial ports to vanish (and reappear with no warning) with XP.  My old computer (two computers ago) did it and that's why I switched to AHP/CM15A.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

rfmtm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:54 AM »

Nothing still explains why it appears AHP downloads everything correctly to the CM11A except for the lights on timer data.  The older AH apparently did as it worked.  But so far it is the only function not working using AHP, as the other timers for appliancea execute fine as do the lights off timer.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »

Nothing still explains why it appears AHP downloads everything correctly to the CM11A except for the lights on timer data.  The older AH apparently did as it worked.  But so far it is the only function not working using AHP, as the other timers for appliancea execute fine as do the lights off timer.
$0.02
I'm no software guy, but here is my thoughts, and one of our software experts can correct as needed. The processor in the CM11A only has 1K of memory. AH (original) was written for the CM11A (and original Firecracker I think) so AH was probably pretty good at compiling down to make the most use of that meager 1K. AHP on the other hand was designed for the CM15A which has substantially more memory. And as Noam has pointed out, adding CM11 to AHP hardware interface capabilities was an after thought,  so probably done in haste (IMHO).  Also IMHO the fact that AHP says it down loaded the program timers, macros, etc to the CM11A, means absolutely nothing. My guess is AHP just pukes out the download with no check sum checks afterward, and then reports it did it.
Does everything work when you run everything for computer?

rfmtm

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »

Dave......yes everything works from the computer.  I only have a couple of simple timers and nothing like dusk/dawn timers that would take up any memory space in the CM11A.  I also made sure to clear the CM11A memory first, anything else purged before programming.

The CM11 on its own, the only thing that doesn't work is the lights on timer.  All the other timer functions downloaded work as expected.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

I suspect that there is a bug in the code, that is storing the timers incorrectly for lamp modules. Since they use a different type of "on" command that Appliance modules do (they are generally either sent a "Bright 100" or an "Extended Dim" type of command.

What command does the Activity Monitor show when the CM11A is connected to the PC (and the PC is turned on), during the time the timers should be running?

Are the timers for the Appliance modules and the Lamp modules set for the same time?
If so, change the times so they are a minute apart. I have seen issues with my own setup, where timers for different module types that are set to run at the same minute don't run properly.
(That is with AHP and a CM15A, but it might make a difference for the CM11A, too).

rfmtm

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »

Changed the timers for the appliance modules to something different than the turn on time for the lights.  Same problem.

Lights didn't turn on tonight so Activity Monitor only showed the appliance module on commands.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem.  Lots of CM11A are still be sold along with AHP to control them.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »

Dave......yes everything works from the computer. 

This hasn't sunk in yet, has it....
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.