Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with IR Commander  (Read 2341 times)

RichardV48

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with IR Commander
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.
I am trying to hook up my wireless cameras using the UX21A  IR Commander to connect a VCR for recording and ran into some problems. Using the instructions that came with the XR21A, I followed the steps to teach the unit, with the remote control, to record and stop as the motion detector senses movement and turns off. It responded as the instructions indicated it should and appeared to program correctly. Using a MS13A motion detector, the VCR will go from stop into record when motion is detected but fails to return to stop after the off code has been transmitted.
It seems like you should be able to switch the VCR from stop to record and back to stop using these buttons in the motion detector. Pressing the on button switches the VCR into record but you can’t switch it back to stop using the off button.
I checked the motion detector with a lamp and was able to turn the lamp on and off using the on/off buttons on the unit.
I’m sure I have overlooked something, but I can’t figure out what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help with IR Commander
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »

The VCR commander must be told what command to use for the ON as well as the OFF.
The instructions are a little vague here. It doesn't assume the corresponding OFF for the housecode ON signal you set.
You most likely didn't set the command to use for the off event.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RichardV48

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »

Your probably right, but I'm not sure how I set the on code for the record. I see where it said to press the play to get into the setup mode on the vcr commander, but do you have to do that once for the record and again for the stop?   ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

It has been a while since I set one of those up but I do remember having to set the record and stop functions.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.