Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A time incorrect  (Read 2606 times)

cj4331

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A time incorrect
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »

I understand that when connected to the computer the CM15A obtains the correct time and keeps the time until connected again.  The time on my CM15A seems to get off by hours fast--like after a day.  Any ideas what could be going wrong?  There isn't a way for me to check the time on it because as soon as it connected to the computer it gets the correct time.  But my macros are kicking off like 5:00am instead of 7:00am.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: CM15A time incorrect
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »

I understand that when connected to the computer the CM15A obtains the correct time and keeps the time until connected again.  The time on my CM15A seems to get off by hours fast--like after a day.  Any ideas what could be going wrong?  There isn't a way for me to check the time on it because as soon as it connected to the computer it gets the correct time.  But my macros are kicking off like 5:00am instead of 7:00am.
FWIW
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17586.0
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=19281.0
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21455.0
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

cj4331

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »

Thanks Dave W

From reading all your links the only thing it could be is power line interference.  It'd worked fine for over a year.  Well, I now know what I'm dealing with anyway.  It's just a shame this stuff isn't more robust.  :(

Chris

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »

I would look for something new (or something moved to a different outlet) on the same circuit as the CM15A. Also CFL bulbs are known to get noisy when they age. That causes some of the "drives me nuts" problems as nothing has changed or been added in the house, but a CFL somewhere in the mix is now cranking out more noise. I currently have a wierd one I am trying to troubleshoot. I suspect I have noise problems generated by a Panasonic five station cordless phone system with switching power supplies on each charging station. When intalled in November they were not a problem, but now may be. I just have not had the time to determine if only one charger is becoming noisy, or all of them....sigh. Like one members signature states: "X10, yesterday it worked, today it doesn't."
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »

When connected to a running PC, the CM15A is supposed to sync the time every two hours (starting the last time you downloaded to it, or connected it / started the X10nets service).
Once you disconnect it, however, powerline fluctuations can cause the clock to drift.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.