Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPPF plug direction  (Read 2642 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
XPPF plug direction
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

I need to pick up a few XPPF's.  Too bad I didn't get them last year when they were $5 shipped ($14 now).  Anyway, I'm looking at a couple pictures and it appears that some have the filtered plug (on the bottom) with the ground facing the wall while others have the ground rotated 90°.  Is this something that I can look for specifically or change by opening up the case and simply rotating?  I'm going to use these with surge protectors primarily.  Many of those surge protectors have angled plugs.  Unfortunately, if the angled plug is angled again, it hits the wall.  If the plug is rotated 90° then it does not interfere.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPPF plug direction
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »

I bought four XPPF unit from an EBay dealer just before the price spike.
Their photo of them showed the 90 degree turned outlet.
Mine where not turned.
Another thread with this subject. Also never found any XPPFs with the output 90 degrees.
If someone actually has any with the 90 degree outlets. Please enlighten us.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »

I bought FilterLinc 10A units a few months back and they work great.  They do not have the plug turned either, but they are probably better units from what I've read (I don't have any XPPF, so I can't say from personal experience).  Turns out, that guy just put several more on ebay this morning.  They were $10/ea last time so $15/ea this time kinda sucks.  But, it's better than $30+s/h and it's about the same as the XPPF at this point.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »

My APC BX1000 UPS is on a 10 amp Filterlinc and my automation controllers PLM {Insteon} is in the front unfiltered outlet.
They use to make a 5 amp model and I used one of them on my LCD TV with accessories.

Just don't push a XPPF close to its rated 5 amps. They tend to get warm and smell like warm plastic.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:38:08 PM by Brian H »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

Yup!  And that's why I went with the FilterLinc.  Actually, I think I bought those on your recommendation in a previous thread.  I would have gone with them again without making the topic, but the seller was OOS.  I helped him become out of stock again by purchasing all that he had!   :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.