Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to use Airsight on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone  (Read 11365 times)

mooncusser

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to use Airsight on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »

There seems to be a lot of dancing around here on the web site about an actual process for using the Airsight camera on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. How about a formal procedure for each of these publicly posted?

Does it work on these devices or should I return the unit.

best,
Christopher Seufert

dwrede

Re: How to use Airsight on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

I too am wondering the same ! I bought the SD H.264 to use remotely with my iPhone. X10 advertises that it works from "anywhere in the world" on a smart phone. My iphone works fine with the camera on my local network, but I can't log in remotely. I have setup port forwarding on my Linksys E2000 router. I do get the login page on my iphone from a 3G Verizon connection. I enter the username and password, and check the mobile phone box. Then I click on login and nothing happens. Like the software does not send back the login information. Is there some setup on the iphone that is not documented???

David Wrede

dwrede

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »

Ok, got mine working. In addition to setting up port forwarding on the router, I had to do a DHCP reservation of the IP address I was using for the camera to the camera's hardware (MAC) address. This reservation basically makes that address static for the camera. But, then on the camera I had to change the network settings from Static to DHCP to use the router setting. The camera came right up on my iPhone then with no problems. Hope this helps someone else to not go through the pain I had to to get the working - David

Lobo_79

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »

There seems to be a lot of dancing around here on the web site about an actual process for using the Airsight camera on a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. How about a formal procedure for each of these publicly posted?

Does it work on these devices or should I return the unit.

best,
Christopher Seufert

It does work although you lose some functionality over the Windows install.  I used IP Scanner Pro on my MacBook Pro (from the app store) to find the camera's IP address on my wireless network.  From there it was easy to use Google Chrome or Safari to log in to the camera. There may be easier ways to find the camera's IP address but I used a tool I had.

The good news is that the camera video quality is really good.  The other news is that I don't like the cabling arrangement that comes out of the back of this camera.  It's unnecessarily bulky, and it complicates outdoor installation.

A note to the manufacturer: This is 2012 - it's time to quick jerking around Mac users and provide a decent driver for OSX. If you can't do that you might at least advise Mac users they are going to have to get creative.

cgathe

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:25:21 AM »

For those who own an iPhone or iPad... This is a great little APP...and it works with Airsight Cameras, just use the scan feature
http://ipbabymonitor.com

jerryjam

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »

I am using IP CAM VIEWER less than four bucks on iTunes store.
Make cams static.  Set up cam ports 8090, 8091,8093, ect.
You have to know your internet service provider's address to your router!!!!!!! ie example 79.195.123.300
Add cameras to your IP CAM VIEWER using your router's address (not the address YOU use to access your router
to set up port fordwarding.  Next set the port numbers 8990 ect.  Be certain to name your cams.

Cams do work on wired LAN.  Have not been successful yet setting them uo on WiFi. :-) :)%

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »

Cams do work on wired LAN.  Have not been successful yet setting them uo on WiFi. :-) :)%
JerryJam

To view your camera on wifi, you need to use the cameras DDNS ip address.

it looks something like http://e7489.xipcam.com  ( try mines with user x10 - password x10 )

yours should can be found on the camera sticker or click on system>device status shows your camera DDNS ip address. Then you'll be able to view over wifi away from home.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:06:23 AM by richy2 »

Poppey

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

I agree with several of the comments made about using the AirSight Camera and a Mac.  I have two camera's that I have directly connected to my router.  I am able to receive the login screen on my iPOD, iPHONE and Mac, however I can't login.  I obtained the IP Address from the camera, went into Safari and entered it into the address field.  When I receive the login screen, I enter User: admin and no password per the manual.  Mode is set to QuickTime. Click on Login and get nothing.  Can anyone help.  I have attempted to work with X10 and they haven't been any help.

Maybe I'm attempting to make this more difficult than it is, but when I read the manual it states to plug the cameras directely into router.  Do I need to directly plug in my Mac into the router as well or can I use WiFi?  If I use WiFi and only have the cameras directly plug into the router I receive the Login screen but can't login, like what happends on the iPOD and iPHONE.   I'm getting so confused.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:12:01 PM by Poppey »

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

[url]http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28121.0[url]

See my above thread.

Make sure you check if your camera is compatible. I've been using the xx40A cameras with no problems. The xx59A is not compatible, I found out the hard way.

Poppey

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »

I had asked for help from someone regarding the installation of the Airsight Model XX39A on a Mac.  I have attempted to work with X10 directly and haven't had any luck.  I directly connected my camera to my router and am able to acces the login screen, however after I type the User: admin and Password: (blank) and the Mode: Server Push.  I select Login and I don't receive the next screen that allows the camera to be set up.  Does my Mac need to be directly connected to my router as well or can I use WiFi.  I'm able to perform an IP Scan so I have the IP Address, but is the software that X10 provides really required or is there another piece of software available that may be more compatible with a Mac.  I greatly apprecaite anyone's help on this.  Thank you

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

This is from the X10 wiki and I am not sure you have seen it.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IP_Cameras_on_Mac

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »

Which camera do you have? There is a program that works with some of the Airsight camera's called SecuritySpy. I'm using it with my xx40A cameras and love it. It works with the following camera's:

xx36A/xx42A
PTZ Outdoor xx40A
xx34A/xx41A

You can download the software for free and use it for 30 days to see if you like it.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:01:06 PM by JG1967 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.