Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: just starting down this road  (Read 3189 times)

swooper220

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
just starting down this road
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »

Just installed my new x10 system. Pleased so far except for the volume of the alarm. I would like to have volume similar to a car alarm if that is possible. Will two or three powerhorns achieve this? I have two stories and I am figuring two horns downstairs (since that is where a likely break in would occur.....again) and the SC1200 console and one more horn upstairs. Does that sound about right? Any suggestions?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: just starting down this road
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »

Yes with a few things to consider.
Depending on the Date Code of the PH508 Large PowerHorn. It may go off after a few seconds as expected then stop for a few seconds then start again. I have not see much on the SH10 Small Powerhorn and a SC1200.  The small powerhorn isn't very effective anyway.

If you have any power line signal issues between the console and the Powerhorn locations. You may have to do some power line troubleshooting. Like if the console is on one phase of a normal homes wiring and the Powerhorn on the other phase. It may not receive the signals to trigger it.

des1157

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »

Return the product....it is buggy as hell and does not function as advertised on phone/answering machines. Then file a complaint with the BBB.

desi77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

I understand where you coming from desi1157 but doesn't help him to return the product.  15% restocking fee or whatever...
best is to make work and be happy with it.....you must have ran into some crapy help ppl over phone? I did too...I just won't buy anything more from them due to that reason
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:22:19 PM by desi77 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.