Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight Model XX39A Rebooting and Rebooting and Rebooting  (Read 4312 times)

Mulligan315

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I just received the Airsight SD H.264 camera and am experiencing significant difficulty.   I changed the password, set-up the wireless and configured the STMP and FTP settings and everything was fine. I then turned on the motion detecting (using FTP).  The camera is now CONTINUALLY rebooting itself!

I cannot access the camera settings at all now as the camera doesn't stay up long enough.  I tried resetting the camera on the back, but it has no effect.

I contacted customer support by telephone, she suggested I "re-install the software".  This was a little silly given I was accessing it through the web access page.  I did try using the multi-camera software afterwards, but of course the software can't connect to the camera as it doesn't stay up long enough.

I tried contacting customer support by chat.  The representative simply stopped responding after I posted my problem...

I am not pleased.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Airsight Model XX39A Rebooting and Rebooting and Rebooting
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Mulligan315,

Try to reset the camera by holding the reset button for 30 seconds. If this does not fix the problem, please send me PM with your order number and email address and I will have an RMA created.

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »

I went through the hassle with the 39A, stop playing with it, nothing you can do, sorry, just request and RMA from Support, tell them all the stuff you did to try and fix it, etc., and send it back for a replacement. Or you can try for a refund, your choice. I just sent back my 39X after spending a good long time getting it to work only to have it start that damn recycking crap after bing on for so long. Really sux, cause that makes the last 2 new camera's I've gotten, the X40 and the X39A both were screwed right out of the box and I had to send them back for replacement. Something just aint right about this.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

DoD_engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »

well said darkstarz.  i spent 3 days working with it and was severely disappointed.  the X10 interface is horrible.  its got potential to be an incredible camera, but maybe a firmware upgrade will fix many of the problems.  as for anyone who is considering purchasing the xx39a, DO NOT!  either wait for a firmware fix, or if you MUST have that camera check out Foscam or Apexis.  seems to be the same model, but perhaps their interface is better. also its $50 cheaper.  its on amazon (FI8910W  ?)  Foscam's version appears to work with software called Blue Iris, so theres an option for those wanting a different interface with a little more control.

if you buy from amazon, the return process should be much easier if you need to return the camera. X10 is refusing to give me a full refund even though i have IN WRITING (live chat) where an X10 employee gave me false information.  thats another reason i decided to jump on this forum.... to let people know what to expect with this camera so they dont end up in my situation.

BigJack

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »

I had the same problem when I activated the motion sensor. Camera would gyrate then stop before reboot was complete, then continually repeat the same process.  I returned the camera and the exact same problem occurred when the motion detection and alarms were enabled on the new camera.  Reset would not work.
I could briefly log on to the camera during the brief reboot, get some video, but never long enough to disable the motion/alarm settings.  Finally, I was able to fix the problem. This is what worked for me:
Log on quickly while the the camera is rebooting.  I used the search IP camera software. Once you're in and have video use the pan/tilt controls to the console to control the camera.  This stopped the boot process and kept me logged in. I was then able to turn off the motion sensor.   Hooray! 

However, the problem is not completely resolved since I still want to use the motion sensor. Anyone have success in this area?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:43 AM »

BigJack,

Thank you for posting your findings. I will send this to the factory and hopefully they will be able to come up with a solution quickly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.