Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Socket Rocket (LM15A)  (Read 11494 times)

desi77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Socket Rocket (LM15A)
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »

I have try the set up as see below (now under number 6 what remote they are talking about keychain  remote or black remote SH624…Needless to say I don’t hear any relay clicks) and again #8 which remote..
To program the Socket Rocket (LM15A):
1.   Plug your transceiver or console (the module with the antenna) into the outlet nearest the LM15A.
2.   Plug your lamp into an outlet (no extension cords, surge protectors, or power strips).
3.   Turn the lamp on.
4.   Unplug the lamp, leaving the switch in the On position.
5.   Unscrew the bulb and screw in the Socket Rocket, and then the bulb.
6.   Using your remote, make the transceiver's relay click on and off to confirm you have good communication by remote.
7.   Plug in the lamp's power cord. You now have thirty seconds to program the Socket Rocket.
8.   With your remote, send the On command for the code you want to assign to the Socket Rocket (i.e. A4). Send the On command every half-second until the Socket Rocket turns on. In reality, you only need to send three On commands, but send more than three, just in case a signal is not received.
9.   When the light turns on, wait until the thirty seconds have passed. The Socket Rocket is now programmed with the code you want. Move the SocketRocket to a different socket, if desired; it will retain its code.
10.   If the Socket Rocket does not program, relocate the transceiver and the lamp to a surge protector. This will create a small closed circuit. Also, verify that the bulb used is 60 Watts or higher. Unplug the lamp then go back to step 6.
Note: If the Socket Rocket loses power and then regains it, the thirty second programming window opens. If you do not want to change the code, do not send any On commands during this time and the previous code will remain.
SO WHAT am I doing wrong, please help me out… thanks
 B:(

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Socket Rocket (LM15A)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:39 PM »

1. Yes a SH264 remote will work using one of the number 1 through 4 switches on the lower half of the control. Key chain remote, Palm Pad, etc will work also.
2. The new TM751 transceiver no longer has a controlled outlet, so it will not click when # 1 button on remote is used.
3. The security console will not click either.
4. For programming, always plug lamp with LM15A in same outlet as the transceiver.
5. The LM15A comes from factory defalt programmed as house code A, unit code 1. So set your transceiver to house code A and turn ON and OFF numer 1 button on your remote. LM15A should flash on and off.
6. Unplug lamp for 10 seconds or so. Plug back in and try programming the LM15A per the instructions (send desired house code, unit code, "ON" three times, within 30 seconds, etc).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

#6 Just to confuse the issue even more. Some of the X10 dealers are again showing both a TM751 with Pass Through Outlets and those with the Internal Appliance style switch. Not sure if they found some pallets with old ones in the warehouse or if they got a new supply of the internal switches to use.

One vendor referred to the latest one with a switch in it as a TM751C.
Ones with the appliance switches where more costly.

desi77

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »

thanks dave and brian
i will try that tonight
my main panal is sc1200.
Also i am not so sure if plam pad is linked with my sc1200.  For now i can't turn on or off alarm from it ..keychain works .

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »

The SC1200 can transceive the House Code it is set to just like a TM751. If both the SC1200 and the TM751 are on the same House Code. It is very possible they are stepping on each other. Both are totally impolite and send blindly. That could make programming a LM15A difficult.

The SH624 does not have to be registered to the SC1200 for the #1-#4 buttons to work as long as the House Code Dial on it matches the House Code set in the SC1200 House Code menu. With out registering it as you have seen it will not arm or disarm the SC1200.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:43:56 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »

The SC1200 can be used to program a LM15A with no added remotes.
The keypad on the SC1200 can be used to send X10 power line signals for the House Code set in the menu.
Just connect the lamp with LM15A to the outlet the SC1200 is on.
Turn the lamp On.
Use the keypad to pick the unit code and then the On Botton on the console.
Three times with in 30 seconds should do it.

desi77

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »

It worked... I was doing all the step right while inside option #7 lightcode set up
All I had do was come out of ... Anyways thanks for thr help guys
Now I have make it louder, it's wont even wake me up at night lolz

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

There are a few threads here on using a modified SH10A small Powerhorn to trigger a big external siren.
This is one of them.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=naafj63u6qj93b8id3ijpn72c0&topic=18542.0
This is another one.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f5d0r49goj5vm8rj2ejl1pquj3&topic=21998.0

I did a custom mod to a SH10A myself. Though I removed original parts and added a small PCB to mine. Then used a surplus 8.2 volt power supply and sounder from All Electronics. Got the relay there also.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:42:46 PM by Brian H »

desi77

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:53 PM »

There are a few threads here on using a modified SH10A small Powerhorn to trigger a big external siren.
This is one of them.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=naafj63u6qj93b8id3ijpn72c0&topic=18542.0
This is another one.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f5d0r49goj5vm8rj2ejl1pquj3&topic=21998.0

I did a custom mod to a SH10A myself. Though I removed original parts and added a small PCB to mine. Then used a surplus 8.2 volt power supply and sounder from All Electronics. Got the relay there also.

i did read those links that you provided, are they talking about DC? 
or am i reading it wrong.. if you can clarify that a bit would be nice.  I already order mini powerhorn, I'll butcher it as soon as it gets to me  ;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »

Yes the modified SH10A where the relay is added. Uses the relays contacts to switch an external DC voltage on to a larger siren or sounder or an external power relay if the siren draws lots of current..
Which mod where you going to do?

I found the Radio Shack 273-0079 12 VDC Piezo Siren is an attention getter and can be switched from the relay internally added to the SH10A and small 12 volt supply.

In my case I used one of those 6 outlet adapters and was able to plug the SH10A and a surplus DC wall wart into the same outlet with the sounder double sticky taped on to the front of the wall wart.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:43:31 AM by Brian H »

desi77

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »

Yes the modified SH10A where the relay is added. Uses the relays contacts to switch an external DC voltage on to a larger siren or sounder or an external power relay if the siren draws lots of current..
Which mod where you going to do?

I found the Radio Shack 273-0079 12 VDC Piezo Siren is an attention getter and can be switched from the relay internally added to the SH10A and small 12 volt supply.

In my case I used one of those 6 outlet adapters and was able to plug the SH10A and a surplus DC wall wart into the same outlet with the sounder double sticky taped on to the front of the wall wart.

this is the one i wanted to go with

but again why DC? isn't dc is for cars and stuff and houses are on AC?
i order SH10 so than i will buy the rest of equipment and attached together and see.  I was just confuse due to DC...

ohhhhh i see ...i do have that ac/dc 12v adaptor...okay i am good, now I'll just wait until i get my Sh10 and that I'll will hook it up to my main panel and than open it ...modify it ...i will have questions when i get to and i hope someone will able to help me out...thanks
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:54:49 PM by desi77 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »

Sounds good to me.
One thing make sure the relay wires do not touch anything else than what the mod shows.
The SH10A uses AC Power Line voltage for operation. You don't want to get the AC power on anything going outside the case.

desi77

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »

Brian or anyone else who can answer it too...
question for you guys...

in the end of the post someone suggested this (see blow dashed line)

but my quesiton is where would you add the electrolytic capacitor? where about this little guy go on with relation to relay and diode...
thanks for help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=18542.15

I just did this mod using op's radioshack reed relay part#275-0233 12vdc ($3.45) and SH10A.   I discovered that I needed to put a electrolytic capacitor (used 27uf because that's what I had on hand) across the DC output of the diode.  Without the capacitor, the reed  would not close and would vibrate sounding like the missing piezoelectric speaker.

The reed relay in turn energizes a $3 car alarm relay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=12+Volt+Relay+Car+Alarms&_sacat=0&_odkw=2+Volt+Relay+Car+Alarms&_osacat=0&_from=R40.    The car alarm relay activates a $9 DSC SD30W Alarm siren http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=SD30W.  Works great in the attic but might mount it outside.  I selected these parts based on their low cost on ebay.   By the way the reed relay works because it requires only 11ma of current to close the contacts... that's the secret sauce.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:00:04 AM by pseeker »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

Across the relays coil. Though it is polarity sensitive so it depends on how the diodes banded end is connected.
I also found that which white wire went to the diode made a difference to the voltage on the relay.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:34:25 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

I used my Experimenter Board to test a SH10A with the Radio Shack Relay.
Connecting the diode so the white band is connected to one of the relay coils.
One white from the sounder to the other end of the diode and the other white wire to the other relay coil.
The + voltage is on the coil wire connected to the diode. I tried a few capacitors. 33uf/35 volt worked very well and a 22uf/35 volt was OK also.

On thing I did find. Depending on which white wire is connected to the diode, the coil voltage was different.
With the white wire that goes back to the +29 volt power supply is on the diode. The coil was at around 19.3 volts DC. If I swapped the two white wires then the coil voltage was 10.75 volts DC.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.