Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update  (Read 34231 times)

erichpfeiffer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

Not to mention it doesn't work in IE 10.

db2ace2

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »

This is absolutely the worst Camera I have ever purchased. I would highly advise No One to waste any money on this. the X39A has had nothing but issues since I first plugged it in. The latest Firmware did not resolve much either, although it is better than the original. IE will not work at all. You are forced to use Google Chrome only in Server Push Mode to get any configuration Dialog to work at all. Forget seeing this camera with from an IPHONE. No Normal Camera network apps support it even the ones that support the X36A i purchased as a Bundle with the X39A. Several Camera Application Vendors have tried to read the feed from this camera and all come back saying it is Unsupported even though they can see the X36A feed just fine and work well with it. The X39A wont even connect at all to an Iphone, so forget what the advertising says. X10 is a big Marketer, but in this case its all Hype!. Freight costs too much to bother sending it back and forth for replacements, so I am just chalking this one up as a waste of money and adding it to y Junk Heap. I am an experienced Network Engineer, and do not have much trouble working through many problem issues, but this camera isn't even Worth my time anymore. I spent hours on it and will give up. Somewhere down the road perhaps the engineers will get a new Firmware out that works, but for now. Go buy someone Else camera. Ill never buy another X10 Product again. Insteon all the way! Foscam or Airlink here I come!  By the way It would be nice if anyone would post when they think Firmware may someday be available?  You don't hear much because it sounds like they are still trying to convince themselves this camera is the greatest thing to sell since Sliced Bread!  Well its not! Save your money and go elsewhere.

Tyler E

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

This is absolutely the worst Camera I have ever purchased. I would highly advise No One to waste any money on this. the X39A has had nothing but issues since I first plugged it in. The latest Firmware did not resolve much either, although it is better than the original. IE will not work at all. You are forced to use Google Chrome only in Server Push Mode to get any configuration Dialog to work at all. Forget seeing this camera with from an IPHONE. No Normal Camera network apps support it even the ones that support the X36A i purchased as a Bundle with the X39A. Several Camera Application Vendors have tried to read the feed from this camera and all come back saying it is Unsupported even though they can see the X36A feed just fine and work well with it. The X39A wont even connect at all to an Iphone, so forget what the advertising says. X10 is a big Marketer, but in this case its all Hype!. Freight costs too much to bother sending it back and forth for replacements, so I am just chalking this one up as a waste of money and adding it to y Junk Heap. I am an experienced Network Engineer, and do not have much trouble working through many problem issues, but this camera isn't even Worth my time anymore. I spent hours on it and will give up. Somewhere down the road perhaps the engineers will get a new Firmware out that works, but for now. Go buy someone Else camera. Ill never buy another X10 Product again. Insteon all the way! Foscam or Airlink here I come!  By the way It would be nice if anyone would post when they think Firmware may someday be available?  You don't hear much because it sounds like they are still trying to convince themselves this camera is the greatest thing to sell since Sliced Bread!  Well its not! Save your money and go elsewhere.
Did you forward all five ports for the camera, or just the web port? If you don't, you won't be able to view it properly. The cameras are awesome, the manuals suck. >!
Having trouble port forwarding your Airsight camera? Check out my guide!

Linderhof

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »

B:(

I downloaded the new update for firmware and device web UI software and updated both in all cameras with wired connections.  I realized that the device web UI software was incomplete (“undefined” fields and could not log in) in one of the cameras.  This was consistent with what users were reporting in this forum discussion.  

The “SearchIPCam” program (Ver 1.0.0.4) no longer “sees” the cameras but you can navigate to them in IE.  There is an update to the "SearchIPCam" program (Ver 1.0.0.6) in the "download" section that seems to fix that issue.  The “IPCamClient” program does not “see” them either and that is an important part of my application.  Even if I put the information in manually, the cameras will still not connect via this program.  There is an update for the "IPCamClient" too but even after removing the previous version (via their install program) and installing the update (Ver 1.9.0.24), it still doesn't "see" the cameras initially but started to work.

The "motion detection" feature triggering camera reboot also seems to be a lingering issue as is the loss of settings, especially motion detection.

Since the return for refund is only 21 days from point of purchase, I am returning all cameras for a full refund.  I just don’t have the time to work through all of these anomalies.  If you get an RMA during the 21 day period, you have 30 days to return the cameras, preserving your right to the full refund.  Any deviation by X10 of this published policy would be a violation of numerous consumer protection laws.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:24:14 PM by Linderhof »

griggs67

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »

B:(  So can someone clear this up which file goes where  .aps and .apc   It does not seclude one on it's selection so can someone verify.  Thank You!

bbb

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »

B:(  So can someone clear this up which file goes where  .aps and .apc   It does not seclude one on it's selection so can someone verify.  Thank You!

it'll only tell you which is which in IE. other browsers show you both files

aps is camera

apc is web interface.

after the upgrade the wireless started working.

skeptical

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »

So are folks satisfied with the camera now with the newest firmware releases? Or should I still stay away? Any marketed features still malfunctioning or not functioning?

terafloppy

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 02:00:38 AM »

Device Client Version = 6.14.5.19
Device Host Version   = 8.1.5.55

So, I hate to say it, but I'd stay away.  The camera is functional as a security cam, but just that and nothing more (forget baby monitor for sure).

The advertising is sadly less than honest, you can NOT get full functionality with the camera via anything other than Windows 7 + Internet Explorer 9. I really feel this should be in big bold text on the cameras information page.  Anyway, moving on, there is still a wide range of functionality issues, IE9/Win7 aside.
  • Wireless networks to NOT show up after firmware update
  • Wireless signal is VERY bad (camera is less than 20 ft from actual router, all other devices and other brands of wireless IP cam (**cough, Foscam, Cough cough) have no issues.
  • Device randomly reboots.  It's rebooted on it's own 10 times today alone, I verified this in the log.  The reboots show up in the log as User=ROOT, DeviceIP=Device

I'm now far less than optimistic these issue will ever be solved.  Looking at the timestamps on forum posts, it's clear that any change has been and will be SLOW to come.  So in the mean time i'm only using this camera for non essential tasks and looking to sell it. 
The Foscam FI9821W I received last week was only $10 more than this camera and WILDLY better.  Seeing as the Airsight was my first ever IP Cam, I was so relieved when the Foscam showed up and just WORKED.  My reaction: "Wow!  So THIS is what an IPcam is suppose to feel like.  Fun!".  Android, Apple, Firefox, Chrome, yes.. even IE work, WITH SOUND.  Camera image is fantastic, no random reboots.  It's just clean, easy, reliable.  and actually supported. 

So this was my experience.  You asked for it.  There you go.

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »

Earlier in this thread, someone posted the need to forward (5) ports. I've only forwarded the web port and the media port. What are the other (3) ports that need to be forwarded. I'm hoping this will resolve my issue with viewing my (2) xx39A's on the web.

Thanks ...

Dr_Pax

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »

I also got the "undefined" mention making the whole thing useless. BUT I found a solution. Both with Firefox and IE it seems to be impossible get anything but "undefined" . Otherwise, with Google Chrome everything gets back to NORMAL. That "undefined" is not related to the software but to the browser!

codeboy

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

why are all the ftp links for x10 bad?  I need the software for this exact camera, and the update and i cant get either.  One file is available on their website but it isnt the searchIpCam soft.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 06:29:30 AM »

The Links are all bad because X10 Wireless Technologies went bankrupt.
Authinix bought out the X10 line and had to move the X10WTI Servers.
Some didn't survive the move unharmed.
So for now most of the software is not available and may never be.
Also any program using the X10WTI Servers for remote access or video displays will also not be working.

I am not a camera user but there are folks here that are. They may have some third party software information to help you with your problem.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »

There is a notice on the main X10 wiki Software page with information on the problems.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Software

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »

why are all the ftp links for x10 bad?  I need the software for this exact camera, and the update and i cant get either.  One file is available on their website but it isnt the searchIpCam soft.
The SearchIPCam can be found on the camera webpage as IPTool in the downloads for every camera X10 now sells this tool should work with any IP camera
http://www.x10.com/cameras/xx59a.html
I had asked about the possibility of firmware for the newer cameras working with the old Airsights but since they are made by a different manufacter now that doesn't seem likely.
I had also asked for camera software to be added to the x10 software page (for easy access). This was suppose to have been looked at but has yet to happen. B:(
Possibly because it is available on the camera sales pages and the CDs that are shipped with the new cameras.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.