Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem viewing my multiple Airsight IP Cams on the internet  (Read 5526 times)

AirsigthUser4

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I was able to set-up 2 of my 4 newly ordered Airsight IP Cams and successfully set up port forwarding with Cisco E1000 wifi router. I can see both wireless cameras locally from both static local IP, but when I access each of the cameras remotely over the internet, 1 of the units won't come up. I just see an amber indicator for the other camera at any of the IP Cam GUI page. Any ideas to solve my problem?  I have an ATT Uverse 6Mbps max subscription for my internet. Wonder if that's the source of the problem since I didn't access the control panel of the ATT router at all to change certain parameters. Thanks for the help.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Problem viewing my multiple Airsight IP Cams on the internet
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »

Be more specific and search the forum with the X10 model number, there are many posts on the Airsight cameras, especially the newest one, H264.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:47:33 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

esterer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »

Did you give each camera a different port?

AirsigthUser4

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »

My Airsight cam is just the regular Airsight (No HD no WideAngle. Don't know the model #).  Sorry I'm in Arizona right now and my home camera is in Dallas, TX. I viewed some of the discussions about this issue but I didn't get the right answer yet to my problem. There was a topic regarding the ATT router, so I tried accessing my ATT router as well and checked the parameter that can be adjusted. However, there is just nothing in there that pertains to port forwarding parameters that may conflict with my Cisco Linksys E1000 router. Both of my IPs are assigned as static and I've done the port forwarding right, I suppose, because I'm able to control both cameras remotely. It's just that I can't see both cameras at the same time. Locally at my house, my son can see both cameras in any of the IPs.  Any more suggestions, please. 

AirsigthUser4

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »

Did you give each camera a different port?

@esterer, yes I did. So when I view any of the 2 cameras remotely, I had to access the external internet IP separately. I can see and control either of the cameras, but I just can't see both of the cameras in the same IP.  I just see an amber indicator on the 2nd camera either way, but both are visible only when viewed locally at my house. :(

AirsigthUser4

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »

Hi, Can anyone here share to me how you configure your multiple cameras for remote viewing on the internet using just a single port? That is, viewing 2 or more cameras on a single IP address, so I don't have to keep on changing internet IP address to view different camera views. Pleaasssseeee... Anyone from X10 Support???  ???

hilights360

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »

Hi, Can anyone here share to me how you configure your multiple cameras for remote viewing on the internet using just a single port? That is, viewing 2 or more cameras on a single IP address, so I don't have to keep on changing internet IP address to view different camera views. Pleaasssseeee... Anyone from X10 Support???  ???

I think it is one or the other: Single IP, mutliple ports or Multiple IP's with a single port. I had the same problem tonight, but I bumped into a fix. For some reason, I can't remotely access the cameras by the local LAN IP. When you are inside the network, the cameras will link together via the local IP's and work fine. When I got  outside the local network, mine would no longer link together. You have to enter the WAN static IP & port, not the LAN IP. If you do not have a static IP, you can use the cameras DDNS. Main thing is to use the the WAN static IP or DDNS. Notes on the Multi Camera setup on DDNS are in the manual. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.