Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: active home pro will not get past the reg screen  (Read 2201 times)

jhnidy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
active home pro will not get past the reg screen
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »

My active home pro has been running fine for a year or so and today I decided to change a macro.  I connected this laptop to the wall unit - usb - and started AHP.  When the screen came up for the registration, windows encountered an error and shut down AHP.  I tried again with the wall unit disconnected and got the same result.  Then I shut down the machine and restarted it.  Same response.

This has happened to me before and I think I remember that I had to remove the batteries and basically start over.

So I bet this whole problem is archived someplace in this site.  But I can't find it no matter how I search. 

If this problem has a fix on this site, please tell me how to locate it so that if this happens again I will not have to bother anybody else.

Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: active home pro will not get past the reg screen
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:30:39 AM »

This is most likely what your looking for:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c62fuakvj7g18eerf0ml6u3dd5&topic=19853.msg128563#msg128563
The problem happens when AHP doesn't get closed properly or is forced to close like using the task manager.
Links to this and other common problems are in the sticky X10 Issues? Please read first!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jhnidy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:10 PM »

How did you find this?

I enter the forum, go to automation, go to help and troubleshoot and see the suggestion that I search the files first.

So I search on reinstall active home pro.  And I get a lot of verbage concerning a recharge for the required product keys. 

For some reason before I can reinstall, I have to remove files in common programs and I need to change my folder options so I can see hidden and system files.

I found a print out that I generated the last time I had this problem and now I have fixed my active home.  But I sure can't find the write up that got me through the last two failures. 

I totally agree that I should not have to ask the same question twice and I understand that I am adding to the probllem.  But I sure could use the actual steps you used to find the article that you suggested as a fix.  I did not even find that.  In short, I don't even know how to help myself.

Are these sticky items you mention stored someplace else?

Thanks for all the help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »

If you use the magnify glass be side the search textbox it will bring up an advanced search option that allows extra search paramiters.
Stickies are posts inside each section and are at the top of the list and usualy highlighted.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.