Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 discontinued  (Read 15996 times)

alexsoh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 discontinued
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »

Just needed some modules and looks like almost all of their stuff are now discontinued. Is it time to move on to other tech? The inflated prices of these X10 modules seems to make it a no brainer to just leave these behind and move on to better tech at the same price point.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 09:06:46 AM »

Only you can answer that question. How large is you X10 investment? Most of the readers of the forum are still committed to X10, or X10/Insteon hybrid systems. Z-Wave appears to be the home automation winner, but it would require starting over from scratch. If interested "Homeseer" software can work with X10, Insteon, Z-Wave, and UPB with the proper interface.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »

You might also want to check out iHouse.  http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com
It's free, and supports both x10 and zwave in a "mixed environment" where you can run both at the same time.  Might be an ideal solution for those wishing to transition gradually to zwave.

ITguy

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »

You might also want to check out iHouse.  http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com
It's free, and supports both x10 and zwave in a "mixed environment" where you can run both at the same time.  Might be an ideal solution for those wishing to transition gradually to zwave.

ITguy

I agree with ITguy 110%  i am in the process of doing exactly that I have had an x10 setup for over 10years but started to look into zwave, with the new openzwave sdk supported in ihouse it makes it a very powerful zwave and x10 program

>!  Ken

alexsoh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »

I have another HA software I am using and most of my gears are X10, some Insteon and Z-wave. I am happy with the X10 stuff it since it's priced reasonably and happy to cotinue using them. I don't have spares, so when it's dead, guess I'll move over.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »

Some of the X10 modules are actually reappearing.
The Lamp and Appliance Modules, Socket Rocket are now being sold again and I have see one X10 dealer saying they have a factory order of Powerflash modules due sometime in early 2013.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »

The Lamp and Appliance Modules, Socket Rocket are now being sold again and I have see one X10 dealer saying they have a factory order of Powerflash modules due sometime in early 2013.
:)%
I have decade old Power Flashes, now failing...even the spares. I suspect something in the power supply, Dry electrolytics would make sense. I was going to pop open do some testing, but if X10 is cranking them up, I guess I will buy more, as the old geezer is getting lazy.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.