Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Modded Siren stop communicating to sc1200  (Read 20437 times)

desi77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Modded Siren stop communicating to sc1200
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »

Brian
Listen to this, I turn off my AC and my mini mod power horn works every time ..
Than I turn on my AC and right away my modded power horn doesn't work.. What gives man..
But anyways I'll kind of know issue when my system works and doesn't.. So I'll try to find relay with high resistance.
Thanks

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »

Central AC or a window unit?  Sounds like the AC is generating noise on the powerline.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

desi77

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »

Central AC or a window unit?  Sounds like the AC is generating noise on the powerline.

Central ac bro

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »

I may be clutching at straws here but
if you have an electronic filter on your central air they arc and spark like crazy when they need a cleaning.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

desi77

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:14 AM »

I may be clutching at straws here but
if you have an electronic filter on your central air they arc and spark like crazy when they need a cleaning.

How would I know if I have electronic filter on my AC?
I don't think so any idea what it looks like?
Thanks for help

cjhallx

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »

It would be a large unit usually the size of carry on luggage attached to the front end (return) of your fan/blower. It would have a  metal or fiber box that would be pulled out. The fiber ones need to be replaced yearly and the metal ones need to be washed routinely.

If you have a pullout filter screen only about one inch thick then you probably do not have an electronic one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:19:49 AM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 09:03:05 AM »

The higher coil resistance is not going to do anything about you Ac's signal sucking or power line noise making.
It may help the sirens electronics to work less.

Another thought besides the electronic air filter.
If the AC has electronic controls. It may have some internal power line filters on the controls portion, to keep it from putting noise on the power lines.

We have seen modern things like washers, dryers and refrigerators with electronic controls causing X10 and Insteon problems. That the older mechanically controlled models did not. Progress.  ::)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »

I think CJHallX and Brian H are on to something.  Think you may need to invest in a filter for the AC unit or a Jeff Volp gizmo to attenuate the noise.  One thought:  When I put an electric air cleaner on my HVAC unit, the transformer killed my X10 system.  My air cleaner stays energized all the time, not just when the furnace/air runs.  The sparking on the grid wans't the problem, but the power supply was.  A filter wired into the system fixed the problem.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

desi77

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »

I am trying to get a clear understanding of what that filter looks like
http://www.tdk-lambda.com/products/sps/nf/mx13/indexe.html
or
http://www.smarthome.com/1626-10/FilterLinc-10-Amp-Plug-In-Noise-Filter/p.aspx

is it something like this i need to change in my panel? It couldn't be any extra part for my ac outside because my alarm works when my neighbour's ac runs. So it has to be where the wire of my ac is plugged in..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:45:34 PM by desi77 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

Very had to say exactly what you are going to need to do.
It will depend on what needed to be filtered.
Most likely an electronic control or the electronic air filter.
Trying to filter the whole AC would need a filter of unbelievable size.

The TDK filter you linked to has a filter range that is not too far away from X10's 120KHz but the filter curve is not too clear on how far it would remove around the X10 power line frequency. Though I doubt your AC is three phase which is what the filter is made for.

The FilterLinc is a small plug in one for appliances.
A wired in one like an X10Pro XPF may work if you can isolate the part of the AC making the trouble.

I wounder if one of the JV Engineering X10 booster or coupler repeater would blast the X10 signal strong enough to overcome the noise or signal absorption.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:58:05 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »

FWIW
I had a noisy control board in a Lennox HVAC unit. Knocked out at least half the house from X10 control.

The board had 120V input and an on board switching supply. All I did mount an in-line filter in the air handler and fed the controller board from it.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

desi77

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 08:48:08 PM »

guys i did the unthinkable...... i listen to what my wife had to say  ;D lolz

She reminded me that i have electrical panel in basement just below where i was trying to use my modded power horn, so as soon as my AC kicked in it must have made the panel hum or create that electrical waves that interfered with modded power horn.  I just move it too other part of my home and what you know damn thing worked .... i tried 5 times no issue.. >!  hopefully it will help others that might run into similar issue...

cjhallx

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »

:)+

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:29 AM »

Moving the problem module away from an offending device to another circuit is also an option.

venp

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »

I looked at your R44-1D2-12  relay spec, it says at 12VDC nominal it consumes 360mw power so this translates to 30ma of nominal current to switch the relay.  COmparing this to the radioshack reed relay part#275-0233 (suggested by other forum thread and the one I used) requires 10ma nominal and finally comparing this to the ELK-924 relay which requires 1ma to switch.   If power line noise is not your problem then, you might be in at hairy edge barely supplying enough current to your relay as suggested by Brian.  A lower AC voltage at your house would produce a lower current output for your relay

Hi.. Could pls show the photos of ELK-924 front and back view? Just would like to get one.
Thanks pseeker
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.