Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using a 3 way switch in place of a simple switch  (Read 4226 times)

username999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using a 3 way switch in place of a simple switch
« on: July 15, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »

I am trying to replace a single wall switch module and ordered a replacement. Instead I was sent a 3-way wall switch. I am trying to make it work. I attached the black wire to the hot house wire and the blue to the light. The red is not connected to anything. I can control the light from a computer attached to a CM15A. When the CM15A is running autonomously it will not turn on the light but it will turn off the light. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Using a 3 way switch in place of a simple switch
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »

I am trying to replace a single wall switch module and ordered a replacement. Instead I was sent a 3-way wall switch. I am trying to make it work. I attached the black wire to the hot house wire and the blue to the light. The red is not connected to anything. I can control the light from a computer attached to a CM15A. When the CM15A is running autonomously it will not turn on the light but it will turn off the light. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Is your switch a Softstart" model?  Make sure the switch is configured correctly in AHP. Search "Softstart" and "AHP".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »

As dave w pointed out.

Check if it is Soft Start where it ramps On and Off. Chose them from the Lamp Module Tab.

Older ones that go instantly On and Off. Chose them from the Older Before Soft Start Tab.

You are running the latest 3.318 version of AHP?
If not you can download the update here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

username999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

I am up and running. Thanks a bunch!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.