Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just purchased a "smarthome"...with pieces missing??  (Read 15515 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Just purchased a "smarthome"...with pieces missing??
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »

Well compatible with an MR26 was never published anywhere I have seen.
There is NO MR26 choice for controllers only a CM11A serial device. The CM15A and CM19A USB devices are found automatically.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »

I did also purchase the Activehome Pro software and the RF Wireless Remote Receiver (Model MR26A). However, I'm starting to think that this MR26A is a piece of junk so I'm considering replacing it with the Firecracker Module.
$0.02
Considering your investment in money and time, you might consider looking for a used CM15A on Ebay. There are two listed today. Even the CM11A is available, however AHP was originally written for the CM15A which has more features than the CM11A (it doesn't need a 24/7 computer, plus has 2-way RF in addition to the 2-way PLC which is all the CM11A has) . If you decide to persue further automation throughout house, budget for a "repeater/coupler" which amplifies the PLC signal and couples the boosted signal to both power phases in your home. Having one saves many headaches regarding "noise", "coupling", and "signal sucker" problems. The XTBIIR is the best unit. http://jvde.us//xtb/XTB-IIR_description.htm . The XPCR from X10 Pro is the least expensive ("you get what you pay for" is operative in this recommendation).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

LMCFashions

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »

The more I research this whole home automation thing the more I'm liking it! If I'm not mistaken my MR26A is pretty much the same as the CM19A? One is USB and the other is serial port.

LMCFashions

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »

Another, simpler option would be to use two MT13A mini-timers...
I can use this mini timer to set up the irrigation system on a timer instead of using a macro in the AHP software?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »

I can use this mini timer to set up the irrigation system on a timer instead of using a macro in the AHP software?
Yes. Since it only handles 1-8 unit codes, you will need two for all of the Calnoria zones. And you'll need to reset half of the zones to a different housecode so you can use unit codes 1-8 again. This may require phoning the inventor to learn how or you mig find there are switches and/or jumpers in the Calnoria cabinets - I doubt it requires anything external for ths . Once you've set the timers it's automatic. No PC, CM11A/CM15A or AHP needed.

One drawback is you'll need to disconnect the timers during winter months. At least, I don't think there's a way to suspend timed events. I have an older, less capable MT12A but have no "hands on" with the newer version. Brian or others may know it better.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:49:20 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

LMCFashions

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

Thanks! I think this may be a great angle to take! I noticed it's out of stock on that link you provided. I'm a huge fan of Amazon so I'm going to check there and hopefully they will have something. Disconnecting it wont be a problem since we have to winterize the system anyway. The one thing I noticed today was that the remote worked fine yesterday when I was sitting in the basement turning the zones on and off. This morning however, no such luck when I'm on the main floor of the house. I'm thinking I might need a range extender? As far as those couplers go, I BELIEVE we might already have them. I will take a picture later today and upload them just to confirm. They are in my attic and rather strange looking!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »

You posted while I was editing my previous post so you should reread it and try to find how to change house/unit codes on the Calnoria units.

The transceiver does not necessarily need to be in the basement. Try it in other, closer outlets. If it does need more range, I'll have a fix for that in 4-6 weeks. See...

I don't think Amazon has it but there are other X10 dealers...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:10:02 AM by dhouston »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.