Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A timers stopped but RF remote still works??  (Read 3690 times)

MrLes

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A timers stopped but RF remote still works??
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

I have AHP 3.318 and a CM15A that have been working fine for two years. Yesterday, no lights came on in the morning.

I can use the handheld rf remote and fully control all lights, including dimming.

The timers in the CM15A do not work and sending commands to the CM15A via the AHP interface has no effect (except for sending an all units off via the Tools, All Units Off menu item).

Anybody got a clue as to what is going on?

thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: CM15A timers stopped but RF remote still works??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »

We need a bit more information to help you out.
1) Have you made any changes lately to your AHP setup, any X10 modules, or have you gotten *ANY* new electronic devices recently?
2) When you look in the Activity Monitor in AHP, do you see the commands being sent from the CM15A at the correct times?
3) Do you see the RF commands being sent from the remote in the Activity Monitor?
4) Do you have an RR501 or a TM751 (which could be receiving the RF signals and passing them to the power line, independent of the CM15A)?
5) Are your modules "SoftStart"? (when they turn on, do they immediately come on at full brightness, or do they "dim up" to full brightness?
6) If you turn the lights on with the remote, can you turn them OFF individually using AHP?

With these answers, we should be better equipped to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »

Check your batteries, if you have had a long power outage or several since you replaced them last you may have lost your settings in the Cm15A.
Saving your settings should fix the issue if this is the case but a long power outage with dead batteries will cause a loss of your settings in the Cm15A again.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sodler

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »

I have the same problem.  All modules worked fine until I bought a new pc that didn't have a serial port, which my old interface used.  Now that I have a CM15A usb interface and I am using ActiveHome Pro, my timers on all modules won't work.  i can turn lights on/off using a x10 remote control with a TM751 tranceiver.  Modules are not softstart and I am using old start modules in the timers.  One side note: I tested a lamp module with the timers on the same circuit as the interface and it worked fine.

Any help to resolve the issue is much appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

sodler:
Since you have a new PC and AHP loaded on it I assume you used your back up ahx file to load your AHP settings.
Did you go into the CM11 configuration and disable it?
If not it is still trying to send info to it not the CM15.
Also you shouldn't need a TM751 with the CM15 and if you do make sure it is configured in AHP as a transceiver or you'll have all kinds of strange issues.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

All modules worked fine until I bought a new pc that didn't have a serial port, which my old interface used.

This would have been simpler and cheaper...
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.