Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro receive from switch (XPS3, XPD3) and execute macros?  (Read 3171 times)

dieguin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hello I am new to the topic of automation and I wonder if you can run macros when a switch is pressed XPS3, XPD3.

Thanks,

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: ActiveHome Pro receive from switch (XPS3, XPD3) and execute macros?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »

No.
The XPS3 and XPD3 are receive only devices. They do not send any signal back on the power lines when locally actuated.
Actually all the present X10 devices are one way. So none of them will send back any signals on the power lines.

There are some Insteon Modules that you can add an X10 address to and they do send power line signals back on the power lines.
Though the dimmers send a preset dim back that AHP does not understand.

If your AHP setup is the CM15K Kit. Of a TM751 transceiver and CM19A controller. That setup has no way of receiving power line signals even if you could send them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:14:18 AM by Brian H »

dieguin

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »

Hi,

Brian thank you very much for your attention to my question. The kit I use with the AHP is cm15a.

The macros work great when pressed from the remote control (RF) but not when pressed directly into the x10 module. I understand that this is because it does not send signals through the power line.

Perhaps you present the Insteon module if signals the power line and when I take off and on a light bulb.

What I'm trying to do is automate the fan on my bathroom.

The x10 modules I use for the bathroom are:

XPS3 - Light Switch
AM486 - Fan

That in turn on the bathroom light, 30 seconds after you turn on the bathroom fan. And that when you turn off the bathroom light after 60 sec. turns off the fan.

I appreciate any ideas that can help me do it.

Thanks,

Diego Rada
Cali - Colombia

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »

First we welcome all visitors from around the world. Sometimes we don't have the same electrical standards or model modules, but always will give it our best shot at helping.

Since Colombia also uses 110 Volt 60 Cycle power and looks like your outlets are similar to ours.
You could  use an Insteon Switchlinc Relay in place of the XPS3.
Unfortunately they discontinued the older model that was power line only.
Only the Dual Band version is now being sold.
http://www.smarthome.com/2477S/SwitchLinc-On-Off-INSTEON-Remote-Control-Switch-Dual-Band-White/p.aspx

The power line only Togglelinc Relay is still available.
http://www.smarthome.com/2466SW/ToggleLinc-Relay-INSTEON-Remote-Control-On-Off-Switch-Non-Dimming-White/p.aspx

Both come with no X10 address in them and you have to program it into them.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:58:53 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »

That in turn on the bathroom light, 30 seconds after you turn on the bathroom fan. And that when you turn off the bathroom light after 60 sec. turns off the fan.

I appreciate any ideas that can help me do it.

Diego
Besides Brians listing of Insteon modules, you might als consider a different approach. If you use an RF based switch (Slim Line Switch, Palm Pad, Key chain remote, etc.) instead of the 2-way Insteon switches,  the CM15A controller will receiver and trigger your macro. If you do not have the CM15A then a TM751 transceiver can be used to get the RF signal over to the powerline for your controller to act on.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dieguin

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »

Hello,

Brian in Colombia we have the same electrical characteristics ... Thanks ... I will review the proposal of Insteon switch.

Dave .... I was thinking it through an RF remote control, as a Wall In XPT Transmitter Keypad (X10).

Boys Thank You, I'll be there for sure for bothering again ...

Bites!

Diego Rada
Cali- Colombia

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.