Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.  (Read 59194 times)

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:40 PM »

Ok I have been playing for a while - Blue Tooth music works- -
(like bluetooth headsets or stereo)

BUT seems to go about 3 songs and disconnects.

Pad doesn't remember bluetooth after re-boot like CM008-331 -BT  did.

You have to fiddle around with the bluetooth dongle to get bluetooth back after boot.

I see there are "profiles" even turning bluetooth on in the profile doesn't keep it there after boot.

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »

Could you post a logcat.txt from when it quits?

Jimdi

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

Be glad to - tell me how.

It never "remembers" the generic bluetooth on re-boot. It varies on how long it will play music through the blue tooth before it disconnects. 3 songs to almost an entire album.
Turned screen to "off in 2 minutes" and turned processor from Fantasy back to performance - seems to help a bit.

It almost seems like a power saving thing (the bluetooth dis-connect)

Why it doesn't remember at boot it beyond me - and then you have to do a
"song and dance" of dongle in out - bluetooth on / off a few times to get it to recognize it.

By the way after first install of the OS - it recognized the bluetooth dongle right away. 
Problems started after it was on about 5-10 minutes.

let me know where to get the log file you want...

Thanks again.
Jim 

Jimdi

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »

Found a file on my tablet called logcat - - -but it was empty - no text at all in the file as viewed with notepad.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:45 PM »

After bluetooth messes up run the terminal emulator app and type "su" and click allow when superuser pops up then type "logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt", it will start logging, unplug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back in then give it about 10 seconds then hold vol- and press c to stop logging. The file should be saved in the /sdcard folder.

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »

This version comes with the basic google apps system apps but I plan on making another that has apps I actually use. Anyone have any suggestions? Like the apps included in 0331?
I know they aren't Google apps, but I suggest including DirectoryBind and Link2SD.
I'm on your next to latest version of ICS and have a 32GB extsd card with a 12GB ext4 Partition for Link2SD (yea it's a bit big, only used about half and have over 550 Apps!) I use DirectoryBind to move all the internal cache and other true data directories to the internal SD card.
I also have several Medical Apps that insist upon putting backups to the internal SD card. DirectoryBind reroutes them to the extsd fat32 partition. The programs have no idea and it's a lot more user friendly that going in and manually tweaking things for the noob.
The FAT32 partition (20GB) on the extsd is used primarily for Backups (Titanium, CMW, Programs, etc.).

Cheers,
BuBu
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »

All of this may not matter though because of what I have been working on. I am uploading a working CM9 livesuite image. It has the best possible bluetooth support and AirpadXL branding and I have finally fixed the corrupt sd issue.
Here's the link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL%20CyanogenMod9%20814.img

Do I need the compatibility Zips with this Release?
I can't do this as an upgrade can I? No? That's gonna hurt! :'
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:52:23 PM by BuBuSpidecky »
Cheers,
BuBu

jcoleman2164

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »

This cm9 image is exactly the same as the cm9 zips and it already includes the changes the compatibility zips make.

I was thinking a little more general use on the apps to include. Most anyone that needs DirectoryBind and Link2SD will know how to get them. Thanks for the input though.

Jimdi

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »

Still having problems with the Bluetooth.
Ok when I update superuser with this - it gives me an error that there is "write protection" - have never seen that before...
The Bluetooth dongle (generic tyupe) - does work fine for file transfers under the first 0331 BT -img...
With this CM 9 mod img it's really iffy if the bluetooth dongle is even recognized and if it will even turn on and work.  
sometimes it lights up - but won't turn on.  I have tried different processor speeds to see if that matters - doesn't seem to.
I have re-flashed 2-3 times - and it doesn't get any better.  I have verified with my pc that the bluetooth dongle works fine.
Here is the logging file from after it wouldn't "turn on"

Bottom line it takes multiple inserts of the dongle and multilple attempts to get the dongle to turn on and work.  Some times you plug it in it lights up like is should but the software won't turn on.  Sometimes the dongle won't light up until you unplug it and plug it in 5-6 times.  If you do manage to get it to turn on it stay connected to the source for about 5 minutes at the most - and then you have to re-boot and start the dance all over again.

Anyhelp appreciated.

jim

Some more notes On stuff I have tried - I went back and flashed your V2 of 0331-BT the one posted in this topic earlier on... It seemed to have the same Bluetooth issues.
So I went back to your V1 of 0331 BT  (with harifaces Keyfile correction BATs) - and if you insert the dongle - it's not recognized until you reboot - remove it and insert it again.
 Then is seems to work normal -- but it doesn't do music so I can't address the "disconnect issue."
It does however (unlike the other two imgs) remount and repower the bluetooth dongle after reboot. - - It's like on V1 of 0331 when the dongles there and on - it seems to stay on and working.

I do notice that the "0331" images have an option for "scan usb media" under memory - that is absent from the CM9 img - - if that matters.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:37:20 AM by Jimdi »

vicenza

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »

hi, i'm a total tablet newbie. yet eager to  get my tablet going well.

i have a special question, I own a qware Tb-1210bl  pro3 10" which should be identical with the AirpadXL, a MOMO15 equivalent. That's why i consider this topic so vitally important, because nowhere i can find custom roms which are likely to fit my tablet.

i'm very interested in trying the rom, can i use the same flash methods as described in the OP, or should I proceed differently?

The only reason is that i want one of my several bluetooth dongles working. which rom should i choose?

thx vicenza

jcoleman2164

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

The easiest method would be to use this image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL%20CyanogenMod9%20814.img with Livesuit.

Also if you try it could you post your results with the dongles? brands, if they work after replugging them, stuff like that. thanks

vicenza

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »

Sir Coleman, thanks a million! you're a livesaver!

#:)   :)+

my qware tb1210bl 10"  is an AirpadXL now! (for only it still looks like a qware...)

1. boots (this consoles me tremendously)
2. touchscreen works!
3. camera works, even better (stock rom had camera image mirrored L>R)
4. bt dongle is recognised. Type: icidu. no experience with connectivity yet, comes later. My sitecom CN520 dongle is not recognised.
edit: 5. my software keyboard has numerals when keys long pressed now!

When I know more, I let you guys know.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:26:01 PM by vicenza »

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
Dumb Qusetion and Issue with ICS
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »

B:(
JColeman, and anyone else that might know...

Where is the initlogo.rle located? I have one sitting in my root along with the init.rc (etc) but all I get is a blank screen.
Can I get the Airpad logo from someone?
Can I get the Boot Animation that was just the word Android flipping highlight?

I think I have reached the limit on the number of Apps...625!  :' I've started getting that Process System is not responding message.
Any way around that like tweaking the system to wait longer before it screams at you? I just hit wait and and it goes on without issue. It happens only when installing apps from app store and using Link2SD.

Something else....I noticed that after the boot animation I get the message box Android is Upgrading...Starting applications....
I think it is a non issue, but should I be seeing that? Also every full boot it prepares the SD cards, checking for errors?

>!
BuBu

Cheers,
BuBu

kenwolfe1

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »

Well, I'm root challanged.   Any chance of another clear set of instructions with the latest and greatest files you've posted?
It's kinda difficult to follow the thread to determine what and how to update my XL.
I would be ever so greatful.

Ken
(Confused but hopeful)

Jimdi

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »

OK even with the Turbo mode this c9 mod is really buggy and slow in actual use as compared to 0331 bt image..which seemed rock solid but no audio bt.   Since the audio but on c9 doesn't work reliably... I think I'll go back to 0331 bt image.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.