Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.  (Read 59190 times)

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »

There is one majorly serious problem with Christian Troys Cyanogen Mod, it does Not automatically shutdown the tablet when the battery gets too low and will just allow it to cut off abruptly when the battery totally discharges and that can cause damage to the system files possibly making the tablet unable to boot. :'(

daldude

Re: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod with install instructions.
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »

I did not work on my AirpadXL it just hangs on the boot screen I installed the 0331 350mb partition image and then booted in recover mode and then did a wipe data/factory reset then applied the ZIP files in the order you listed are you sure it's not wipe cache partition? That's what it says on Christian Troys wbpage.

Update, it has something to do with the Compatibility zip AirpadXL branded compatibility file because if I install the Compatibility zip generic file it boots just fine but does not have Google locatio services unless you have a GPS Dongle plus AccuWeather Quick is not compatible with my tablet, I get the message from Google Play "This version of this program is not compatible with your device" while it worked fine with the X10 ICS and the MOD 9 ICS, maybe it's because Accu Weather Quick is not compatible qith Jellybean since it is not offically out yet or is so brand new they have not updated it to run in Jellybean yet.
It is listed as a Asus Nexus 7 in About Tablet and on Google Play.

Bluetooth Audio seems to work so far I'm playing a video and the audio is playing through my Bluetooth  Insignia NS-BT 400 Speakers but the audio sync is off it has about a one second delay. Audio files play fine and will even switch to the Bluetooth Speakers on the play as soon as it connects to the Bluetooth Speakers without having to exit the audio program and restart it.

Also I keep getting messages of many different services and apps crashing like Google Account Manager Google Play Google Search.

MOD10 has some cool features but the program compatibility issue is a problem making it not worth keeping installed. Too bad there is not such thing as duel boot on the AirpadXL.

I have update the 0331 image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img bluetooth may work better but I don't have anything to test it with.

I updated both images https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth%200617.img and 0331 to up the /system partition to 350MB so that Christian Troys Jellybean port of CyanogenMod 10 can be installed.  http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37048-rom-cyanogenmod-10-preview/

Web browsing from this rom is much faster.

Install it much the same as cm9 just make sure to use livesuite to flash one on these images first.

From the site
* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
* Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
* Select "wipe data/factory reset"
* Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
* Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"

Compatibility zip AirpadXL branded https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL_JB_compatibility_1.2.0.zip
Compatibility zip generic https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/Momo15_JB_compatibility_1.2.0.zip

Also from the site

Known Bugs
* HW accelerated video playback (cedar's demuxer is incompatible with JB) so video playback is only in SW mode. Youtube works fine, just don't use HD videos and everything will play. MX Player in "Fast S/W" mode will play almost everything up to 720p
* If you have issues with Tablet -> PC connection use an app to transfer files via WiFi, like "Airdroid". You can flash this zip as workaround. To mount memories on PC open terminal emulator and type "su", "mount-storage". When you have finished you can type "umount-storage". If you wanna you can create a shortcut with GScript app.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:10:01 PM by daldude »

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

Ok --  mine runs the best if I just install the update I mentioned before and stop there.    BT seems to work - system is snappy and responsive.  NO CM9 mods at all.

daldude

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »

What do you mean by
"if I just install the update I mentioned before and stop there"?

What update and from which image do you install the update?

Ok --  mine runs the best if I just install the update I mentioned before and stop there.    BT seems to work - system is snappy and responsive.  NO CM9 mods at all.

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »

I had not tried AirpadXL_JB_compatibility_1.2.0.zip on the newer versions of cm10. It probably dosen't work because I modified an older build of trebuchet to include the airpadxl wallpaper. I use Momo15_JB_compatibility_1.2.0.zip myself so I hadn't noticed, sorry.
I don't know about the location services.
The rom reporting itself as a nexus 7 is a new feature of the 2012-09-13 build, I don't know if I like it yet either. I would guess that it has something to do with your accuweather problem. Maybe try an older build?

As I said earlier I have one xl that has a lot of app crashes and force closes and another one that never does it. I have yet to find a difference. I have tried underclocking the cpu and memory and neither helps much.

daldude

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »

Where can one find a compatible GPS Dongle that works with these updates?

vicenza

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »

hi, now for some other issue:
as stated earlier, I got the CM9 image working.
only wifi ad hoc connecting to my smartphone doesn't work anymore....!

in the original qware stock rom for the tb-1210bl (=clone) it did.

what can i do?

Jimdi

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »

daldude sorry I have been off line for a couple of days ---

I mean just use livesuit and this image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img

Then stop.

Don't do anything else - just use the pad.

I did find out that my BT dongle is going south - I had tested it on my computer and it worked - then when I tried it with the airpad it was iffy.  Turns out now it's iffy on the computers as well.  So I got a generic poc from ebay. So Now - I ordered trentmicro bt dongle because others here said they had good luck with a trent.  We shall see after I get it if BT gets better.   Not sure I have any great desire to put CM9 back on my pad.  Performance for me seems better without it.

I am very satisfied with the above image - seems rock solid.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:26:15 PM by Jimdi »

vicenza

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

sorry for asking guys,
I found the ad hoc fix myself on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1760929

I should have read the change log. This would have saved me lots of work, at least several hours, cause:
- arend de boer's ad hoc enabler didn't work
- adb shell mode access to wpa_supplicant didn't work (no su access)
- through wpa_cli manual adding of ad hoc SSID didn't work either
- zt 180 ad hoc fix through the market didn't work.

so I was at my wit's end until I read the changelog (cough)

Jimdi

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »

jcoleman-- Question is there an easy way to rename the airpad XL (device name) without reinstalling a different OS?

if not would it be possible to rename the Model from 1C10 to Airpad XL CM9 in this image?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img

Some apps won't install under this image with this name - - that would install under the CM9 Image you posted

daldude

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

The Bluetooth Audio does not work, after I successfully connect to my BT Dongle  System sounds  and Music still play through the internal speaker but it thinks it's playing through the BT Audio device because play through audio device is check marked and the light on my dongle flickers like it's connected and sending audio to the BT Dongle. Other then that the Bluetooth support seems to work great, it even will re connect to the dongle if I un plug it and plug it back in.

I installed this MODE 9 image CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth 0617.img and the Bluetooth Audio works for music and other app's audio but one wierd thing is alert sounds play through both the internal speaker and my Bluetooth stereo speaker.

I have no idea what brand my dongle is because it came with a program for one of my old cell phones and only worked in XP with that program (but worked in Ubuntu Linux just fine)so it's some cheap unknown brand.

Did you get Bluetooth Audio working on your XL?

What is the brand and model number of the dongle you have that works?

I googled trent bluetooth and it came up with one on called "TRENDnet" Bluetooth USB Adapter TBW-101UB (Blue) for $14 used and new for $126(What a rip off!).

What I don't like about the Mode 9 is that it makes the battery run down quickly it's already down to 86 percent and has only been on battery for 38 minutes unless it's because the Bluetooth Dongle is causing it to consume way more battery power then without it being attached and streaming audio.

The Mode 9 is more responsive then Mode 10 but still seems to have a bit of a lag compared to the 0331 image.

If someone would edit the Mode9 image and remove all the extra junk apps like Dev Tools, News & Weather, Update Me, Talk,  ES file explorer Apollo audio player and the People app it would probably run faster.

daldude sorry I have been off line for a couple of days ---

I mean just use livesuit and this image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img

Then stop.

Don't do anything else - just use the pad.

I did find out that my BT dongle is going south - I had tested it on my computer and it worked - then when I tried it with the airpad it was iffy.  Turns out now it's iffy on the computers as well.  So I got a generic poc from ebay. So Now - I ordered trentmicro bt dongle because others here said they had good luck with a trent.  We shall see after I get it if BT gets better.   Not sure I have any great desire to put CM9 back on my pad.  Performance for me seems better without it.

I am very satisfied with the above image - seems rock solid.

Jimdi

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »

Waiting BT dongle from B&H =$14.  New.   They are also all over Ebay.  Freaking B&H sent it UPS which will not deliver a day earlier than scheduled.  I hate UPS.   Couldn't test my Audio Yet.   

Will post when I find out - but minus the bluetooth - I like the 0331 BT image much better - I need the device renamed to the same name as CM9 Image Airpad XL - So I can download Daily Ink app.  Other than that I love it.

daldude

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »

What is hoc?

hi, now for some other issue:
as stated earlier, I got the CM9 image working.
only wifi ad hoc connecting to my smartphone doesn't work anymore....!

in the original qware stock rom for the tb-1210bl (=clone) it did.

what can i do?

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »

Jimdi,

get Buildprop Editor from the play store, it is an easy to use editor so you can change model and manufacturer

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2012, 01:00:44 PM »

Just to clarify please:

BuildProp Editor by B. Wulfert or
Build Prop Editor by JRummy Apps?

Thanks.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.