Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clicking Sounds  (Read 2614 times)

srh1950

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Clicking Sounds
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »

My airsight camera periodically makes clicking sounds while it is stationary in one position... not being rotated or attempting to rotate.  Is that normal or is there a motor trying to rotate the camera?  If it's not a motor gear slipping, what is making that noise?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Clicking Sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »

srh1950
Just to let you know. This forum is populated by X10 users. X10 (the company) sometimes answers questions about cameras and tablets, but not something you can count on. Hopefully there will be a user who might know what the clicking is. Also, next time you might inculde the camera model since there is more than one PTZ IP cam. Finally, when it clicks, does it appear or feel like it is trying to move?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Film35HD

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »

I've had 6-7 of these cameras and am waiting for the 2nd software revision to take care of resets, iris adjustment problems when mounted inside pointed out a window and the sunlight changes, and for adjustments to manually turn OFF the IR lights (so window reflection is eliminated).

I am sure X10 is pushing the Chinese programmers to address this.  The first firmware update did not cure everything.

The clicking noises happen once daily and apparently are normal on all of my cameras.

srh1950
Just to let you know. This forum is populated by X10 users. X10 (the company) sometimes answers questions about cameras and tablets, but not something you can count on. Hopefully there will be a user who might know what the clicking is. Also, next time you might inculde the camera model since there is more than one PTZ IP cam. Finally, when it clicks, does it appear or feel like it is trying to move?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »

My airsight camera periodically makes clicking sounds while it is stationary in one position... not being rotated or attempting to rotate.  Is that normal or is there a motor trying to rotate the camera?  If it's not a motor gear slipping, what is making that noise?

The clicking noise is normal. This is the unit changing from normal to low-light mode.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.