Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spam Filters  (Read 5500 times)

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Spam Filters
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »

Some of my order acknowledgements and direct responses to customer questions are being rejected by spam filters.  It is frustrating when I spend the time to compose a detailed response to someone's questions only to have it rejected.  And recently I received an order that did not include a shipping address.  My attempts to contact him were rejected, and my only option was to cancel the order.

Most folks here know that I try to respond to all queries in a timely manner.  If you do not receive a response, please let me know, and I will try to re-send through an alternate email server to get around your spam filter.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Spam Filters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:21:26 PM »

One other thing to do.
If you are expecting a response from Jeff or anyone.
Check your Spam Folder. My ISP occasionally false triggers on a legitimate email and dumps it in the Spam Folder.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: Spam Filters
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »

I've seen a spate of SpamCop deletions of email at the ISP level - it never gets to the recipient's spam filter. They were apparently caused by guilt-by-association because of spam being sent by one of many thousands of users of my web host.

I'm of the opinion that overly aggressive vigilante organizations like SpamCop are a bigger problem than spam itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpamCop.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.