Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 18" clothes hanger works on the CM15  (Read 2589 times)

Ohio Hobby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
The 18" clothes hanger works on the CM15
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:02 PM »

So I was very dissappointed in the Range of the CM15 for picking up Motion Detection from the MS18a.  I thought I would not be able to use that feature.  Then I read this forum and a few people said use an 18" coat hanger.  So I taped an 18" straightened piece of hanger to the existing antenna and the difference is amazing.  Thanks to all the forum contributors. 

So for my contribution: I wanted to get a text when motion was detected and the DS7000 was armed.  I haven't figured that out so I used a conditional statement on the TM751 being on, so I am using it as my arming device.  Then upon motion and Tm751 armed and email is sent to my email box which contains "intruder" in the subject.  Then I use a rule to forward the email to a mailbox which sends me a text.  Sort of complicated but I gets the job done.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: The 18" clothes hanger works on the CM15
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:33:22 PM »

So I was very dissappointed in the Range of the CM15 for picking up Motion Detection from the MS18a.  I thought I would not be able to use that feature.  Then I read this forum and a few people said use an 18" coat hanger.  So I taped an 18" straightened piece of hanger to the existing antenna and the difference is amazing.  Thanks to all the forum contributors. 
Yes, I've had pretty good luck with this mod myself.

So for my contribution: I wanted to get a text when motion was detected and the DS7000 was armed.  I haven't figured that out so I used a conditional statement on the TM751 being on, so I am using it as my arming device.  Then upon motion and Tm751 armed and email is sent to my email box which contains "intruder" in the subject.  Then I use a rule to forward the email to a mailbox which sends me a text.  Sort of complicated but I gets the job done.
Most wireless carries have an e-mail address format that you can use to send texts right to the phone number. For example, if your Verizon cell number is 123-456-7890, then the e-mail address would be 1234567890@vtext.com .
I'm not sure how old this list is, but there are a ton of providers, with their address formats, listed here:
http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.