Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lamps come on one at a time instead of together at the same time  (Read 17445 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Lamps come on one at a time instead of together at the same time
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »

Well, I remoted into one of my systems, and I think I was able to reproduce this on 3.318.
I added two Lamp modules, calling them E1 and E2.
I created a simple macro that simply turned them both on.
When I ran it, the commands ran one at a time (based on the activity log).
Next, I changed both lamps to "Old" lamps.
The same thing happened (although the commands did change from the Extended ones to the "%Dim" ones).

That's enough proof for me. I'll add it to the list, and let the developers know that the bug is on the list.

If anyone wants to test further, and try to find a fix for this, feel free.
--Noam

I added this to the Bug List yesterday, and e-mailed one of the developers. I got a reply back from him this morning. He is out of the office this week, but he told me he would look into this when he gets back.

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »

Has there been any update on this?. I've tried updating to the latest version but it still has the same bug.
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »

Has there been any update on this?. I've tried updating to the latest version but it still has the same bug.
I haven't heard anything. We haven't had a new version since October 2011. I haven't seen the developer online here in a while. I'm not sure if he even still forks for X10 (X10 Repair Depot might be able to tell us that)
I have a feeling X10 won't be spending much (if any) effort on AHP, since the CM15A has been discontinued (for now, at least).

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 07:19:15 AM »

Technically it is NOT an bug, so, like Noam,  I doubt X10 will spend any time to fix. Did you try Noams  December 28, 2011, 10:11:45 AM  reply? If AHP allows you to bunch addresses on the same House Code, then send the "HC ON" command, all lights that were addresses should come on. If you have a "Maxi Controller" you can test whether softstart and regular (old) X10 lamp modules and wall switches the same, but I think they will. I can test this weekend when I am home.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »

Used a "Maxi-Controller".
Didn't check wall switches.
Checked Soft Start and Old LM465s.
Before CFL Friendly and CFL friendly Appliance Modules.
LM14A and AM14A two way lamp and appliance modules.
Any set of addresses using the same house code. Sent before a function command was sent. Those modules all responded to the function command.
Like B1, B4 then BOn. Both B1 and B4 Modules would turn On.
B1,B2, B4 then BOn. The B1,B2 and B4 modules would respond.
B1,B2,B3 and B4 then BOn. All four would go ON. Then send a B1, B4 then BOff. Only the B1 and B4 Modules would go Off. B2 and B3 stayed On.

I would also agree with the others. With the CM15A discontinued and its successor only a thought for now. I would not expect any AHP Updates to be released.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:23:43 AM by Brian H »

michaelukusa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »

I have also tried this out using the latest version of AHP setup using 2 socket rockets selected directly from the new lamps section and added to room livingroom set to codes A4 and A9.

I tested with a macro set to activate when code A1 is pressed.

I tried setting the macro to have livingroom all lights on, I tried selecting the modules and setting them to on, I tried setting to address code on for each and all of these produced one light on before the other.

Then i tried setting the advanced function command code A4 and A9 before I did each of the above and none of them made significant difference.

One time the lights came on both at the same time and I saw this reflected in the activity monitor but even without changing the macro to something different this only happened once, most of the time the lights still came on one after the other and this was reflected in the activity log, so for some reason even with a macro setup that did work one time it did not work every time, and a few times it even only turned on one of the lights and the other didn't come on at all.

Why might this be?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.