Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 - turn off all audio  (Read 3112 times)

bgroves

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 - turn off all audio
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »

May I ask for instructions to turn off all audio sounds that would come from the SC1200?  Due to the ease at which an intruder can disable the dialing capability of the SC1200, I would like it to remain hidden.  When it alarms, I think it will draw the intruder to the SC1200 where he can unplug the phone line, the electricity plug and the remove a battery and thus disarmed.  It is my opinion that I get a separate siren for an audio alarm and locate it away from the console.
May I get instructions to totally silence the SC1200 so that it can be hidden and stay that way?
Thanks,
BG

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: SC1200 - turn off all audio
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

I do not believe there is any way to "program" alarm silence in the SC1200.    http://software.x10.com/pub/manuals/SC1200-OM.pdf

This will probably require hacking the unit to put a phsyical switch in series with one of the piezo horn wires. This thread   http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=26293.0   shows pix of the horn, horn location, and horn wires. This will require some basic knowledge of soldering and mechanical ability to mount the switch in the plastic housing, and will totally void the warrenty beyond belief.

I would definately use an external Power Horn, since with internal horn disabled you would not be instantly alerted to a break-in while you were home. Moments later, your cell phone ringing on your night stand will bring the intruder to you. Not so good.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 - turn off all audio
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »

You can turn Off the internal siren in the Options Menu. Page 26 of the Users Manual.
The siren and chime when a sensor opens while not Armed, can both be turned Off.
I have not seen any way to silence the chime on Arm and Disarm functions. Without opening it and cutting the wire to the sounder as dave w indicated.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:39:00 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.