Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX42A Wireless COnnection Problem  (Read 2340 times)

Cliff1958

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX42A Wireless COnnection Problem
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »

I bought 2 of these units for my business. Got them on Tuesday. I set 1 camera up,WIRED, out of the box, in about 2 hours.(most of the time was due to the location and mounting not the actual camera setup) Great pics and ease of setup. Will serve my purpose.
Today, Wednesday, I have been trying, UNSUCCESSFULLY, to set up my second unit and have it wireless. As long as I have the ethernet cable plugged in during the config, all is well, as soon as I unplug it, the camera is not found. I have done numerous "factory resets" and followed the instructions in the manual. I have searched the forum to find and try advice from others. Nothing has worked to get it set up wireless. (I do not want to swap camera 1 which is hardwired, and 2, as the hardwired one would be a real pain to take down and put up again.
Note: when doing the wireless setup, when I input the info for the wireless setup and click "submit", I unplug the camera as it begins the restart countdown, when the count reaches 0, I let it sit.....then I get the "internet explorer cannot find web page" error. None of the other tabs work in the interface screen either. The cam now does not show up in the ip camera tool, it is DOA until I plug the cable back in.
I have been doing IT work for about 12 years, and have set up a lot of wired and wireless equipment. In my opinion, I think I'll be looking for a RMA. Any other Ideas?

Linderhof

Re: XX42A Wireless COnnection Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »

Have you tried assigning a static IP to test for a DHCP failure? 

Cliff1958

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »

Yes, both cameras have static IPs.

Tyler E

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »

Make sure you close the IP camera tool and all your web browsers before disconnecting from the ethernet cable. Also, try resetting your router.
Having trouble port forwarding your Airsight camera? Check out my guide!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.