Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suggestions for making the SC1200 tamper resistant  (Read 3721 times)

six_in_tombstone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Suggestions for making the SC1200 tamper resistant
« on: September 04, 2012, 04:17:10 AM »

Being a bit new to this I have yet to mount my X10 securelink system to the wall. I want to make sure I place it in one of the most optimal space available and also because of some of the setup obstacles I have encountered. I don't want to mount it and then have to move it and remount it some where else.

But I do have some questions regarding the placement and keeping it from being located and tampered with in case a break in does happen. I first thought about placing the console in a broom closet to hide it and the wires connected to it that way if someone breaks in the console just isn't sitting on the wall ready to be ripped off the wall and the wires be pulled out. But the RF range would take a hit unless I try on of the several modifications outlined on the forums here. Plus the siren isn't loud enough, but I plan on getting a powerhorn or third party add on later.

Has anyone done anything with their system to keep the wires; phone line, power supply from being exposed or placed their console it such a way it is virtually impossible to rip it off the wall?

Tyler E

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Suggestions for making the SC1200 tamper resistant
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »

You could mount it really high up so nobody can easily reach it. That might increase RF range as well. That would probably leave the lines exposed unless you got clever. You could also hide it in a kitchen cupboard or a big clock something. That shouldn't reduce the range too much and I don't think anyone would look there. ;D

My other ideas aren't very practical. :'
Having trouble port forwarding your Airsight camera? Check out my guide!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »

Wrong approach. Mount it in plain sight where ever you get best coverage. Mount a real or fake IP camera next to it with a sign that reads "Now find the video recorder and the rest of the cameras"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:47:16 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

six_in_tombstone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »

Well, I went ahead and mounted the console to the wall. So far, I am happy to report all the window sensors and door sensors are within Rf range and not causing an issue.  :)% . I am going to attempt to hide the wires by drilling a hole in a baseboard and behind the console and see if the Rf range is still good.

The only downside to report is I am having issues with the motion sensor I have guarding the basement door is not cooperating  B:( I suspect one of two things. There is a signal barrier or the motion sensor is defective. I am wondering if it is a signal barrier because in the past I had a motion sensor of a different brand for my driveway that never worked correctly either.

Does anyone have a way to determine if it is a signal barrier? The motion sensor is mounted on the door itself and is facing the basement steps.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.