Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: airsight xx39a and Android app  (Read 3630 times)

thegrons

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
airsight xx39a and Android app
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:36:56 PM »

Does anyone know of the easiest or best app for an android? I bought the IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou but can't get is going on my Galaxy III. Does anyone know what data I am supposed to enter into the fields for Host/IP and the HTTP Port? IF there is a better app out there I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

John

dinosinc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • My Beer Kegerator
Re: airsight xx39a and Android app
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »

Does anyone know of the easiest or best app for an android? I bought the IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou but can't get is going on my Galaxy III. Does anyone know what data I am supposed to enter into the fields for Host/IP and the HTTP Port? IF there is a better app out there I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

John

you need to add the ddns information and the port number that would have setup for port forwarding  ( this will enable you to see the cameras outside of your network )  example,  mycameras@dyndns.org
i

thegrons

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »

Thanks I got it going but do have a question as to why the name of the camera will turn from green to red intermittently?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »

Thanks I got it going but do have a question as to why the name of the camera will turn from green to red intermittently?

try deleteing the camera and do over. or reboot your gal.

thegrons

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »

I was tinkering with my IP Cam viewer Pro and now both cameras are not connected. I wonder if this app is causing the cameras to disconnect from the router? Is that possible?

richy2

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 02:08:23 PM »

I was tinkering with my IP Cam viewer Pro and now both cameras are not connected. I wonder if this app is causing the cameras to disconnect from the router? Is that possible?
No not possible since im using IP Cam viewer for the last 7 months and not having your problem.

IP Cam viewer i use only when im away from home on my cell phone or tablet.
IP Viewer shoudlnt have any influence on your connection.

There was only two things i need to do to get IP camera working... putting in the ip camera address and the port number.

don't know what tinkering you could of done to have them not connected.

thegrons

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »

There is a button I pressed for turning on and off the motion detector and also a setting that said force network connections as well as one that I checked that said disable network check before loading... Rich from Tech Support told me to change the port on the router and rename the IP, I think maybe I ought to switch the camera locations first to rule out the camera being the problem and then make the changes on the port and IP adress because I am not sure what I have to do in the port forwarding when I change these?

thegrons

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

Regarding the IP Camer Viewer app, Should the user-agent be set to Nexus One 2.2.1 or IE6 (default)?

richy2

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »

Regarding the IP Camer Viewer app, Should the user-agent be set to Nexus One 2.2.1 or IE6 (default)?
Now you lost me.. i have no clue what user-agent..

Ok wait i just looked at my viewer and that screen i have never touched..
Ill tell you what was there from day one and i havent changed anything on that screen.
IP cam viewer basic setup screen.
enable auto screen rotation is checked
auto hide gallery controls is checked

use expermenital h.264 dvr mode is checked
user agent is Nexus one... i guess thats a cell phone brand from samsung

connection time out is 15 secounds is the default
force close network connections is checked

show widget time stamp.

if i was you.. i would just uninstall and reinstall the viewer.. if you upgraded to pro.. you will not have to pay again... its still available to you.

thegrons

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »

OK thanks, I got both cameras working again and switched the camera that was losing its feed or connection with the other camera to see if the location is the issue. I should know by tomorrow if I have trouble viewing the cameras as they have been switched. The Tech support told me to change ports and rename the IP address. Strangly the IP address for the camera that wasn't working defaulted back to the address of www.gipcam.com so I reset the IP address to what I had originally changed it to...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.