Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Noob with some questions  (Read 16352 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Noob with some questions
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 06:01:28 AM »

The alarm will sound if it is armed and you do a cover.
If it is not armed. All you get is the Tamper message.

Sounds like the console has a problem with processing RF messages.
I would call X10 support and see if you can exchange it. Remember the guarantee is now ninety days.

Jeff74

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

yep, I agree.  I will call tomorrow since I can now call before they close.

Jeff74

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

Called x10, did some troubleshooting (power cycle, hard reset, power cycle, etc).  I reinstalled all the sensors again and let the system burn in over night.  I had the same probs with 2 of the sensors not checking in (furthest and closest sensors to console).  X10 is calling it a defective console, so I have to send it back. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »

Thanks for the update.
It did sound like a defective console.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »

Hurricane Sandy forced me to do a test.
Just to verify for some future reference.
After three and a half days of no AC power and batteries dying. At power up. The SC1200 had retained all its registered sensors and keyfob remotes.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »

Welcome back!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Jeff74

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 12:00:47 AM »

Just got my replacement back.  Its a brand new unit, installed it with no problems.  Now, its day 3 and 1 sensor started acting up and shows it is open when really it is not.  Kind of annoying.  I guess 1 out of 13 isnt bad at this point.  It has kind of deterred me from getting more sensors and other accessories or devices to work with it.  It seems a bit flaky and the range is absolutely horrid.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 05:55:11 AM »

Sorry to read of your continued sensor problems and horrid RF range.

The error message you are getting is Open Zone and not a Problem Zone indication?
Problem Zone would be a sensor not checking in and an Open Zone would be the last message received was the Zone Was Open.

Since a sensor checks in around an hour interval, with an Open or Closed message and the Problem Zone message is flagged at about four hours.
My thoughts are the sensor is checking in but indicates it is Open. Could be magnets at the edge of detection and sometimes it is sending an Open message.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:42:45 AM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »

It seems a bit flaky and the range is absolutely horrid.
This will likely solve your range problems.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »

dhouston you still haven't built any att. mods yet? Potential buyer here.....i'm just saying.  :'

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »

dhouston you still haven't built any att. mods yet? Potential buyer here.....i'm just saying.  :'
In the past few years I've dealt with congestive heart failure, lung cancer, three prostate surgeries, increasing paralysis from a 50+ year old spinal cord injury plus several serious infections acquired in various hospital emergency rooms.

I have sent about $200 worth of modified transceivers, antenna kits, keychain remotes, etc. to someone who frequents the forum who was going to range test them. Having heard nothing for about 7 weeks , I am sending a similar package to a distributor who will test them and, if he decides to distribute them, make them available through his web site. However, it's likely to be several weeks before he can test them, arrange for someone to build the kits and get them in stock.

I'm also finalizing the hardware, firmware and software for this...
which the same distributor will handle. And there are a half dozen accessories for it which I'm currently testing.

Then there is a daughterboard to replace the controller in the CM15A, turning it into a more powerful and far more accessible device. Plus, there is an X10 power-line modem of my own design under development. The same distributor is interested in them.

So, no, I haven't built any antenna kits yet beyond a few for demo and testing purposes.

This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »

Wow, that's impressive! You contributions to the X10 world are enormous. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us. I just figured that I would ask about the att. mod. I didn’t mean to bother you. I’m just not as savvy with electronics like you are to pull off a mod myself. I’ll keep an eye on the link you posted and see what will transpires over time. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:07:38 PM by Mr. Jones »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.