Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VBScript on web server  (Read 7410 times)

Dave K

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VBScript on web server
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:29 AM »

Hi folks

I have a CM15 attached to a PC and AHP, all working fine, switching lights around the house.

I downloaded and installed the SDK and have managed to get the ahvbview.html sample working on the CM15 PC.

Next, I installed IIS on the PC (XP SP3) and set up ahvbview.html as a default web page.

I can get ahvbview.html to work when I access it as a web page via localhost on the server PC, but if I try it from another PC on the network, the sendplc commands don't execute. I'm guessing it has something to do with the function trying to execute on the client rather than the server, or possibly a security setting. Or maybe something else ;)

I'm Ok with the vbscript side of things, but I've never really done much with web pages. My thinking was that if I hosted ahvbview.html as a web page, the embedded vbscript would run on the server, but this does not appear to be the case.

So the question is, have I missed something really simple, or do I need to learn a lot more about web pages / hosting?

spval

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: VBScript on web server
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

You are right, Dave. The html code only has a meaning to the pc that downloaded it. So, you are trying to send commands from a pc that has no CM15A connected to it. Have a look at http://melloware.com/x10commander/  . You should be able to use another pc to access the pc that is connected to the CM15A.

-spval
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:29:43 PM by spval »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.