Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Email problems  (Read 14102 times)

Andytec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Email problems
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

The following are email issues which I have experienced and wonder if anyone can help on any of them - thanks

1) I live in S. America on the equivalent of EST . The TIME on the email warning messages I have programmed from the system are usually 2 Hours behind the real time where I am. Nothing I can do will change this - Can anyone help

2) I sometimes get email messages from  AHPGateway@x10.com and sometimes from MyHome... ( something similar ). WHY ?

3) For a very short space of time AND WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING I got AHP messages from my GMAIL account  WHICH I ONLY USE ON-LINE ( ie not under Outlook or similar. This one really puzzled me as there were NO message in the Gmail SENT items related. This one I would REALLY Like an answer to !

4) At 0745 this morning i send several test commands requiring an email response - None were received at the time but at about 1151 I suddenly received all those emails- This is no good at all as if they had been valid warning messages about intrusion etc,. I would have not been warned to respond . Why does this happen ? It is not the first time. About 0900 I did get one normal email message showing that things were OK. Doesnt make sense. Do things get backlogged in the AHP system ?

This happened again within 24 HR I mus have 10 emails pending for actions but NONE have been received Internet is Ok and yet Nothing comes when it should then all of a sudden I get a burst of all the back log - WHY ?

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Email problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »

X10 is not universal.  This forum is for US/Canada X10 users.   South America has totally different electric voltage and X10 modules and other X10 items  are built for it.  There should be a X10 related forum for your country.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »

Dan, This forum is for anyone around the world not just the USA, Canada and Mexico.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »

That is true, but those from other countries have different versions of x10 that those of us in the US and Canada use because their power is different.  Ours won't work over there, theirs won't work here.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

Dan, as you have been told before, the software doesn't know (or care) which version of the CM15 you are using, or which type of power specifications you have. It sounds like the OP is using the US version of the software.
The OP is asking about the e-mails (which I assume you know nothing about, since you "have no use for any of the plugins). This has nothing to do with the difference between 110V and 220V.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »

Andytec, the issues your experiencing are not new, many users have experience this.
The issue is the X10 server and the way it is handling email.
AHP(North American version which I assume your running) does have a setting to use SMTP set it to use this, not Auto or the X10portal
I'm not sure if your using the most up to dated version of AHP but get it.
I never had any luck using AHP to handle email as it used the X10portal 99% of the time, (no matter which setting was used)which as you have found out has time issues as well it seems like it is down when you rely on it the most.
The current version(3.318) may have corrected this.

Many users started using thirdparty software to handle email alerts because of the issues with the X10 server.
PcCompanion is one that will handle your email alerts using a SMTP POP3 email account .
This as well as other software can be found in the AHP thirdparty add-ons & software section.

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Andytec

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Just seen all the responses - thanks to all :

I use the US version correct and have the latest update. Ecuador actually does use the same power as US/Canada  120/60 Hz and yes - it doesn't affect the issues under question - just think of me being in the US !

FYI I got an answer from X10 support - use  TOOLS to Clear the delayed macros to help clear the delayed email problem - IT WORKED . Now as I depend on the emails for security alerts I am just clearing it as a habit when I get up in the morning. Dont know how it gets all delayed but manually clearing has prevented a repetition so far.

The GMAIL situation has me foxed. I cant figure out why it gets to see my GMAIL account when I never told it to and when 90% of the time I get the emails  from AHP server. I will be sending more data to X10 support for them to investgiate that one.

Time stamp issue is just annoying more than anything now I know it is there and I will try the third party options thanks Tuiceman

Great forum - thanks for taking time to
help me sort stuff out

There are days when I sometimes depair of the tweeks I have to keep making to keep the system in good order. Is there any other
software out there that could use all the hadrware I already have ( all X10) but which is less labor intensive to keeping it all going ?

Thanks again

Andy

finman

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 02:32:14 AM »

Does anyone have a step by step writeup to tell me how to fix or setup a bypass that will email me or text me like the ActiveHome pro used to do before x10 shutoff the servers.  I just want my active home pro notifications to work again.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:59:37 AM »

You will need a thirdparty  software to do this.
Preferably one that can respond to windows commands, PcCompanion  would work.
Then in the place of the email send (in your macro) you place a window command for the third party software.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

netrunner

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »

I use vbscript which is in turned called by a DOS .bat file (since AHP will not call a vbs file directly) to send emails / text messages. In AHP windows command, if your files are stored in c:\data\x10, put your AHP windows command as, for example:   c:\data\x10\sendmail.bat Motion:_front_of_house

create file:

sendmail.bat
c:\data\x10\sendemail.vbs %1

create file:

sendemail.vbs

on error resume next

Const schema   = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

Const cdoBasic = 1
Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2

alertMessage  = wscript.arguments(0)    ' first parameter is the message to send

alertMessage = replace(alertMessage, "_", " ") ' change underscores in message to spaces

Set oMsg      = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
oMsg.From     = "sendingemail@gmail.com"   ' or "Sender Name <from@gmail.com>"
oMsg.To       = "9991112222@mms.att.net"  ' destination phone number  for at&t text message, other carriers have different addresses

oMsg.Subject  = "Alert " & now
oMsg.TextBody = alertMessage

'GMail SMTP server configuration and authentication info
Set oConf = oMsg.Configuration
oConf.Fields(schema & "smtpserver")       = "smtp.gmail.com" 'server address
oConf.Fields(schema & "smtpserverport")   = 465              'port number
oConf.Fields(schema & "sendusing")        = cdoSendUsingPort
oConf.Fields(schema & "smtpauthenticate") = cdoBasic         'authentication type
oConf.Fields(schema & "smtpusessl")       = True             'use SSL encryption
oConf.Fields(schema & "sendusername")     = "sendingemail@gmail.com" 'sender username
oConf.Fields(schema & "sendpassword")     = "yourpassword1"      'sender password
oConf.Fields.Update()

'send message
oMsg.Send()

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.