X10 AirPad Android Tablet > AirPad General Discussions

I fried my airpad

(1/3) > >>

localuser:
So I wasn't paying attention and grabbed the powersupply for my netbook (18 volts) and plugged it into my airpad 7p and fried it.  oops.  Anyhow I thought maybe I could open it up and figure out what exactly fried.

Has anyone opened up their airpad and is the power regulator circuit easy to identify in it?    Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this or did something similar.

Thanks

X10 Repair Depot:
There will be nearly zero chance of fixing it yourself.

However, at this point you have nothing to lose. To open a 7p, just remove the 2 screws on the side of the unit and remove the back cover. Twisting the unit slightly may help to release the cover enough to pull it off. Be careful not to break the wires going to the speaker.

dave w:
Maybe the Airpad has a surface mounted fuse(?) If so, it will probably look like a chip resistor and likely be very near, and on the circuit trace from the center pin of the power connector. Perhaps "depot" will know if the AP is fused on the external power input.
Armed with that information you could try and replace it. I would not reccommend soldering a fine wire (aka "magnet wire") short across the open fuse, as that would be unsafe.

B.A.:
I'll sell you mine for parts.
It's in perfect working order.
I just don't use it because I hate it :'

HA Dave:
I got my Android (4.0) 7" tablet about the time X10 was getting out of the tablet biz. So the brand on mine isn't X10. But I love the little thing. It's a darn shame more isn't/hasn't been, done with tablets... of whatever flavor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version