Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirSight SD H.264 Resolution and other questions  (Read 2315 times)

bbb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AirSight SD H.264 Resolution and other questions
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

Wow. So not an easy camera to work with. After three days i finally got it up and working.

So my first question is about the resolution. My camera does not have the 1280x720 option like the manual says. Is this just a typo?

The second question is about the wireless. WFT?  B:(
As far as i can tell, this has no wireless capabilities. I mean, i get the wireless lan screen. but when i click the SEARCH button. it never finds any networks. And if i check Use Wireless Lan box, everything freezes and i lose the video and i have to set the device back to factory default and restart the camera three times before I can get the video to work again.

I see that there is a firmware update for this camera but i also see that in most cases on the forum, it bricks the device.

Anyone have any suggestions?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: AirSight SD H.264 Resolution and other questions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »

So my first question is about the resolution. My camera does not have the 1280x720 option like the manual says. Is this just a typo?

The max resolution of the camera is 640 X 480. This is listed in the published specs for this camera. The reference in the manual to 1280X720 does not apply to the XX39A.

I see that there is a firmware update for this camera but i also see that in most cases on the forum, it bricks the device.

Unless you purchased the camera months ago, it will have the latest firmware on it already. Although some cameras have been bricked  (I believe that this is happening by updating the firmware wirelessly), it is not a widespread problem. We have exchanged no more than 10 bricked cameras.

The second question is about the wireless. WFT?  B:(
As far as i can tell, this has no wireless capabilities. I mean, i get the wireless lan screen. but when i click the SEARCH button. it never finds any networks. And if i check Use Wireless Lan box, everything freezes and i lose the video and i have to set the device back to factory default and restart the camera three times before I can get the video to work again.

The camera should work wirelessly with no problem. Are you sure that your router is broadcasting the SSID? If it is not, your router will not show up when you search for it. If you check the wireless lan box without properly setting up your wifi connection, you will loose connectivity until the unit is reset.

bbb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AirSight SD H.264 Resolution and other questions
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »

yes, i did buy it months ago.

as for the SSID, mine (as well as well as my neighbors) are broadcasting. we are able to connect up all of our smart phones and laptops.

since that's not the problem...??

UPDATE

i risked  the firmware upgrade and it looks like the ssid is now showing up.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:59:13 PM by bbb »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.