Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need a DDNS service to view remotely, right? where do I find it?  (Read 2783 times)

broken08

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

What is a good, free service that people are using? I'm trying to view remotely through my ATT cable modem.
I heard Dyndns was free, apparently they are no longer. I also heard of gipcam, but i go to the gipcam.com and I see my ip address but an otherwise blank webpage, so I assume they don't do it anymore either?
Are there other options?
You'd think x10 would provide a service, if even for a fee.
thanks

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: I need a DDNS service to view remotely, right? where do I find it?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »

The camera does come with a free DDNS service. The other choices in the setup will allow you to use a paid service, but that is not necessary.

In the DDNS setup, there should be something like "manufacturer's DDNS" (it is called different things different models). This is the default choice. You do not need to sign up for anything to use this service. It will just work as is.

dinosinc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • My Beer Kegerator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »

I use no-ip.com, works for me

mjb928s

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »

Two days ago h6529.gipcam.com quit working.  Nothing has changed on my system but I can no longer access my camera from the internet when not home.  I tried this http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm and it says network address translation = yes, connection = no.  I am using port 8091 on the camera.  I can get to the camera from the internet if I use the external ip address from whatismyip.com followed by :8091. 

Please help.

dinosinc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • My Beer Kegerator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »

Try using no-ip.com and see if it gets you back up, also need to see if your ip address changed and your current  DDNS provider did not update

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.