Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Change the On time and No response  (Read 1819 times)

Sail939

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Change the On time and No response
« on: November 19, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »

Hello,

I tried searching the other posts first before posting, but could not find something like this.  Apologies if I missed it.

I use the CM15A (USB) to control a switch WS467 to turn on/off two lights outside my garage and another WS467 to turn on/off a light outside my front porch.  All lights would turn on at 7:00 and 7:01 PM (one WS467 for each time), as scheduled using the ActiveHome Pro software, and then turn off at 7:00 and 7:01 AM.  With the changing of the seasons, I wanted to turn the lights on sooner (4:30 and 4:31 PM) since it is getting darker sooner. 

I reprogrammed the software, cleared the interface memory, and downloaded the new times to the CM15A.  Now, the lights will not turn on automatically, but will still turn off at the scheduled times.  The WS467 switches will turn the lights on/off if I manually press the physical button on the switch itself.  If I go thru the ActiveHome software, and hit the switch icon, I cannot turn the light on, but can turn them off if I first turn them on from the button on the actual switch.

Everything worked fine until I tried to change the times.  I tried to clear the interface memory and download again, but still have the same issues.  I have not added any new X10 products or anything new at all.  I only tried to change the times in the software.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike   

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Change the On time and No response
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »

I'm guessing that you have "non-SoftStart" modules. The easy way to tell is to watch as you turn them on. If the light comes on immediately, it is non-SoftStart. If it "ramps up" to full brightness, then it is a SoftStart module.
Several years ago, X10 changed the design of their lamp modules and dimming wall switches, without changing model numbers. A few versions ago, AHP was updated to support SoftStart modules.
Look at the modules in AHP. In the "Category" drop-down, choose "Old Lamps - no SoftStart," then choose the WS467 again.
Download the timers again, and then try it out.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:51:19 AM by Noam »

Sail939

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Change the On time and No response
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »

Hey!  That worked!  Everything you said was true.  Thank-you very much and enjoy your holiday.

Mike

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.