Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot get it to work: AHP on Windows 2003  (Read 5401 times)

JeroenP

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cannot get it to work: AHP on Windows 2003
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »

Hi,

I just started with X10. My home server is currently running Windows Server 2003 R2. I want to use this server to connect to the CM15. I installed the AHP software but I cannot start it. It fails with an error message: "Error getting X10Net interface". I noticed that the service "X10 device network interface" does not want to start.

Is there any change that I can get this to work on Windows 2003 R2? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Cannot get it to work: AHP on Windows 2003
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

What version of AHP are you using?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

Hi,

I just started with X10. My home server is currently running Windows Server 2003 R2. I want to use this server to connect to the CM15. I installed the AHP software but I cannot start it. It fails with an error message: "Error getting X10Net interface". I noticed that the service "X10 device network interface" does not want to start.

Is there any change that I can get this to work on Windows 2003 R2? Thanks in advance for your answers!
You may need to change the account that the service uses to start. I remember seeing something here on the forums a while back. You might want to do a search for it.

JeroenP

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »

What version of AHP are you using?

I'm using AHP 3.316. I acquired AHP as part of the CM15 product as sold by Marmitek in Europe (http://www.marmitek.com/en/product/09793). However I've seen that a newer AHP version is available. This version does work without any problems on Windows 2003! However, the latest version distributed by Marmitek is 3.316. Version 3.318, which does in fact work, asks for an activation key when starting. I don't have such a key because the software was part of a Marmitek distribution. Could I acquire one without paying for it separately? Or can I simply ignore the key input window? or does this has some disadvantages.

Regards,
Jeroen

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:01:17 PM »

You should contact Marmitek.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.