Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX40A has restricted Pan/Tilt caused from foam inside of Dome  (Read 5524 times)

tcbo1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX40A has restricted Pan/Tilt caused from foam inside of Dome
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »

Ok, we are setting up our new Cert XX40A and after connecting it to our network and using the IE interface trying to tilt and pan the camera would not tilt up because of some sort of foam inside the dome and wraped around the camera.  Nothing in the manuals address this foam or address removal of the dome in order to remove the foam.  So does anyone know if the dome can be removed on the XX40A so we can remove what appears to be foam used to protect the camera during shipping??

thanks
mike

update, we found the info about the removing the foam insert on the X10 wiki listing for this camera, foam is now removed and the camera appears to have its freedom of movement.. dang I wish there was more info in the manuals that came with it..

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Important_Information_Before_You_Start
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:27:55 PM by tcbo1 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XX40A has restricted Pan/Tilt caused from foam inside of Dome
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »

That information is in the Quick Setup Guide. That should have been in the box.
Since yours was a Cert XX40A. Could be it was not in the box.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »

I also had the foam problem  as the OP and because i went to the regular manual instead of quick setup manual, the regular manual should have that info included also.

FYI. i used the downloadable manual from x10 site and not the one in the box. Either or it should be included. I pryed my dome off ( didn't damage it) before i saw the grooves showing it twists off.

FYI2. That manual is so dag small, my old eyes wouldn't of been able to read it any how.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »

That information should be included in the Main Manual as pointed out.
Not sure if any X10 employees will respond on this subject.

tcbo1

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »

Thanks for the replies, got the reading glasses out and checked both manuals but could not find anything addressing the foam removal.  I thought when I saw the foam in the dome that it should be removed and tested the dome for possible twist removal but it was pretty tight and since I was not sure about it I did not want to force it.  After reading the wiki it made sense and I was able to unscrew the dome but is was very tight.

Has anyone set there XX40a up with a mic and speaker yet, also has anyone be able to determine if there are any updates for the Web UI or Firmware

mike
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:23:09 PM by tcbo1 »

richy2

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »

I have tried to setup a mic ( no speaker yet ). i purchased a micro small mic from Amazon and it didn't work due to me not having a power source for the mic.  So as i wait for a power adapator heres a little advice..

If setting up your cam outdoors.. make sure all those connectors  from the PTZ camera are covered / insulated / protected from Mother Nature ( especially if you get rain/snow ) if its doesn't have a overhang to block Mother.

The x10 site has two size POE devices, if you plan on using the router to power cam, the devices say they power audio/video also so im assuming thats a external mic and/or speaker. There was a Youtube video of someone using a PTZ cam and speaking thru their cell phone and the audio coming out the Cam external mic, so you could talk to the delevery guy if your not at home.

ok thats my thoughts.

UPDATE: its been a minute but i had my mic from Amazon
 ( VideoSecu High Sensitive Audio Pickup Device External Amplified Tiny Spy Microphone for CCTV Security Camera with Free Warning Decal WD6 )
FYI
    Super high gain mini microphones capturing audio evidence for security camera system
    Built in on board IC preamp, low noise, high gain and auto level adjustment
    Pick up every sound with this super high gain micro audio system
    Preamplifier used to increase a microphone's low output voltage to a stronger usable level
    RCA connector, free security warning sticker is included

Works like a Bizzy B. I can hear whats said thru my computers speakers. since the mic seems fairly protected it may not need to be in a enclosure since its fairly enclased in rubber.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:11:44 PM by richy2 »

tcbo1

Re: XX40A has restricted Pan/Tilt caused from foam inside of Dome **solved**
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 02:46:50 AM »

Richy2, thanks for the info..
I agree about protecting the connections from the elements so when I do mount the camera in its final location I will be adding some sort box or small subpanel to bring them into and also add power in it.  Looks like I will also consider power for a mic and possibly a speaker if I keep it.
Its to bad the XX40a did not have a built in mic, I can work with what it has but I hope they add a built in mic in future versions.
Currently I am still tinkering with it and just added a wifi ext (netgear wn3000rp) and the cam linked to it very nice and allowed me to move the cam around outside my primary wifi range on a temp stand using a basic 12volt power supply with a builtin inverter.

Mic_

Re: XX40A does not show color picture
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »

My XX40A does not show color picture; any ideas why?

richy2

Re: XX40A does not show color picture
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

My XX40A does not show color picture; any ideas why?
Black & White TV? I am sorry.. I just couldn't resist.

I have the xx40a and you can see if your camera is defective by viewing my cam and see if there is color on your end at:

http://e7489.xipcam.com
user: x10
password: x10

Richy

Mic_

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 06:30:55 AM »

Someone explained that bright sunlight washes out the color, This is the case here. Thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.