Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight Wide eye- Recording Options  (Read 2156 times)

ShawnPursuit

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight Wide eye- Recording Options
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

Hello, I have recently setup a wide eye X42 cam and have a question.  When choosing the record option, how long will it run?  I want it to run overnight and it appears from some of the recording I have done that it's about 10mb per minute.  I am using both wireless laptop and cam.  Video streaming is  pretty smooth.

ShawnPursuit

Re: Airsight Wide eye- Recording Options
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »

Bump... How long will the camera allow for recording?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »

Bump... How long will the camera allow for recording?

I have the PTZ Dome outdoor camera... i notice with the motion detection activated that the recording last for 1 minute before it stops recording ( I.E the recording light icon on the web interface flashes while recording ) as long as there is no motion detected.

At this point in time, the motion detecting i'm playing with getting the right sensitivity because mines starts recording when traffic passes and from a nice distance from the cam it starts recording. Pretty much i'm going to assume that a bag blowing in the wind is going to set off my motion detection recording or a cat walking by, people walking by...

For my uses, having motion detection... camera is just that sensitive it will constantly be recording due to traffic, people and other factors walking by my home.

ShawnPursuit

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »

I tried running a continuous recording which doesn't seem to work for more than a few minutes.  Also, you can not run continuous recording with motion activated pics. 

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »

I tried running a continuous recording which doesn't seem to work for more than a few minutes.  Also, you can not run continuous recording with motion activated pics. 

I'm not a computer guy but could it record for only a few minutes b/c your computer power settings times out ( I.E. dims display after 5 minutes or turns off disk drive with in 10 minutes, closing the lid if its a lap top.. Just a thought.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.