Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: False alarms  (Read 1277 times)

Cleaveland

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
False alarms
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:48:14 PM »

We have an Airsight Xc36A (Firmware 17.37.2.41, UI 17.37.2.41) with some issues:

We get false alarms a few times a day, not related to the apparent spontaneous reboots time-wise (see earlier post). We have the motion-detect compensation selected, and the "Motion Detect Sensibility" (I Assume it means sensitivity) set at 6. Putting the sensitivity setting to 3 results in no alarms even in the presence of significant motion. There is some sunlight coming in a window, but no shading by trees or anything else which would cause light intensity to change abruptly during the day. Some of these false alarms occur at night; it does seem possible that a car making a turn-around might sine light in that window (we are at the end of a dead-end street).

Suggestions?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: False alarms
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »

We have an Airsight Xc36A (Firmware 17.37.2.41, UI 17.37.2.41) with some issues:

Some of these false alarms occur at night; it does seem possible that a car making a turn-around might sine light in that window (we are at the end of a dead-end street).

Suggestions?
I have the same problem at night, motion detecting is basically useless to me.. i have to much foot, car, and the stray cats that walk by setting mine off.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.