Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: dvm_ipcam21 Zoom & Get camera info/settings  (Read 2010 times)

macrobob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
dvm_ipcam21 Zoom & Get camera info/settings
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »

Airsight PTZ
Because of disabilities, i use VB6 co control things, the web interface doesn't work for me so i'm using dvm_ipcam21.ocx. I have everything working but Zoom.
I can set camera settings but can't read them. l need to get all settings from camera with ocx. I've tried CGI but can't get that to work eiheir.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: dvm_ipcam21 Zoom & Get camera info/settings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »

OP.. You may get a faster reply if you mention the camera you're using.

I presently have 2 computers with two different interface for just my 1 camera Outdoor PTZ dome.

1 computer that has a crack screen is connected to a small 22 inch tv that i use as a monitor and that netbook is using the IP Camera tool, which has a green interface and can only display 1 - 4 connected cameras. I keep this screen at max size so only the image is displayed.

My Laptop that is closer to me i use to control the camera/view which i'm using the IP camera client that has a green interface and can be used with both MJPEG & the H264 cameras which can display up 1 to 64 connected cameras but i only use the single mode camera setting.

macrobob

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »

PTZ Pro outdoor dome, I now have zoom working in VB6 also, still need a way to read camera settings in VB6 with dvm_ipcam21.oxc. Not Web page or IP Client

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »

I wish i could help more but the only thing i found that related to your question which you may have found your self but ill post it just in case
 this is from http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/forums/about4971.html

Maybe there a solution there.

colin@courtfarm.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Hi swabygw

There should be an ocx that comes with the IE viewer. It is probably called IPCam902.ocx but might be the slightly older version of this called DVM_IPCam2.ocx. As mentioned earlier I have incorporated this into my own VB6 application. The 2 way audio does work fine. In my project the ocx control is called DVM_IPCam21. The steps I take in the VB6 application are:

DVM_IPCam21.MonitorConnect mstrIPAddress, mstrIPPort, "admin", ""

Then, in the DVM_IPCam21_OnMonitorConnectResult event:

Private Sub DVM_IPCam21_OnMonitorConnectResult(ByVal Result As Integer, ByVal Pri As Integer)
If Result = 0 Then
DVM_IPCam21.PlayVideo
DVM_IPCam21.OSD = 2
mnuAudio.Enabled = True
Else
Debug.Print "Bad connect: " & Result
End If
End Sub

I use a separate menu item to turn the 2-way audio on or off as I have several cameras and only want audio from the selected one.:

Private Sub mnuAudio_Click()

If mnuAudio.Caption = "Audio Off" Then
mnuAudio.Caption = "Audio On"
DVM_IPCam21.PlayAudio
Else
mnuAudio.Caption = "Audio Off"
DVM_IPCam21.StopAudio
End If

End Sub

Unfortunately the ocx does not expose the hWnd of the control so, for VB6 I have to use the rather clumsy subclassing mechanism to be able to sense mouse events on the control. I do this because, instead of using some other control to move the camera I want to do it via mouse down events on the display itself - takes up no "real estate" on the screen that way. I can supply code snippets for this if you would like them.

macrobob

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »

I already connect to many cameras using the OCX. I set presets, Pan, Tilt, Zoom. move through presets, etc. What i need to do is get all of the settings from the camera?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.