Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XC39A motion detection won't stop notifying issue  (Read 3392 times)

fanofsteel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XC39A motion detection won't stop notifying issue
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:36 PM »

Hello, I just purchased a XC39-A and am having problems with the motion detection feature. I have it setup to do email notification and no matter what I set the sensitivity detection to, it won't stop sending me emails. I tried on the low, middle and other settings and it has no effect. Is there some other setting that needs to be changed?
I have the camera wired to Ethernet pointing to a wall in a room. I looked at the firmware settings and it has:

Device Client Version      6.14.5.30
Device Host Version      83.1.5.67   

I did notice the thread : New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update, so I downloaded that and unzipped it and XX39Ainterfacesoft.zip has:

803.1.5.55_b3_airsight.aps
 client_6_14_5_19.apc

So, I'm guessing at this point the firmware on the device is higher than what XX39Ainterfacesoft.zip has.

I have a XX36A and don't have any issues with motion detection.

thoughts?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: XC39A motion detection won't stop notifying issue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

Hello, I just purchased a XC39-A and am having problems with the motion detection feature. I have it setup to do email notification and no matter what I set the sensitivity detection to, it won't stop sending me emails. I tried on the low, middle and other settings and it has no effect. Is there some other setting that needs to be changed?
I have the camera wired to Ethernet pointing to a wall in a room. I looked at the firmware settings and it has:

Device Client Version      6.14.5.30
Device Host Version      83.1.5.67   

I did notice the thread : New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update, so I downloaded that and unzipped it and XX39Ainterfacesoft.zip has:

803.1.5.55_b3_airsight.aps
 client_6_14_5_19.apc

So, I'm guessing at this point the firmware on the device is higher than what XX39Ainterfacesoft.zip has.

I have a XX36A and don't have any issues with motion detection.

thoughts?

I have the XX40a outdoor ptz camera. I sorta have that problem.

You mention you have yours point at the wall.

I have mines pointing at the ground which is about 10 - 15 feet from the camera or had it pointing down the block and 1am where there is no motion on the street.

My camera i suspect is reflecting off the dome of my camera an acting like motion. I only thing its my dome or maybe your wall since you don't have a dome camera simple because i would just activate the alarm feature and preset position with out the motion detecting active and soon as i hit submit to lock in the settings my alarm is ringing and my camera is panning before i can even get back to the live video.

I verify this by having another laptop viewing the live video while i change the settings on the other laptop an hit submit.
No matter what the sensitivitly is.

fanofsteel

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »

Hello, thanks for the response. Maybe you could indicate what level of firmware you have?
I tested the XX36A the same way in the house and it didn't behave like this. So, there is something wrong in my opinion.
I'll contact support this week.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

Maybe you could indicate what level of firmware you have?

keep in mind i have the xx40a, my firmware has not been upgraded since thanksgiving last year
  Device Firmware Version   17.35.2.41
  Device Embedded Web UI Version   20.8.5.15

fanofsteel

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

Called support and was told something must be wrong with the unit, got an RMA number, returning tmw.

fanofsteel

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

Update, another camera was shipped and it did the same thing. So, I decided to try putting the New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update that is on this forum on.
The problem is resolved by the different firmware. I originally asked the support folks when I called if changing the firmware would have any effect on this issue and   

fanofsteel

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »

Update: Another camera was shipped and after setting it up, it did the same thing.
So, I decided to try putting the 'New XX39A (H.264) Firmware Update' that is on the forum.

The issue of repeated emails is resolved by the different(older?) firmware.  :)%

I did originally ask the support folks when I first called if changing the firmware would have any effect
on this issue and they indicated it wouldn't.

Now it has:

Device Client Version  6.14.5.19
Device Client Version  8.1.5.55

So, I assume this is a lower level than what the device was shipped with.
But, based on the firmware append, it seems having any detailed information on what these levels fix or whats in the level is too much to ask for.  >*<

jrboyar

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »

You are not alone, I have 4 xx39a's all with the same problem of detecting phantom motion on a daily basis no matter how low I set the motio :-\n detection sensitivity. I would be most helpfull if someone on the X-10 support staff would tell us all if we need to do the software update or not. This is a little more than frustrating, i.e. trying to get any straight answer out of them

fanofsteel

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »

I ended up sending the XC39A back as I had other issues with it and traded up to an XX40A and moved the camera outdoors.
I still have some 'false' hits when sun goes in and out a lot. But its much better than the XC39A was.

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

I get that too on partly cloudy days. The camera seems to be detecting the changes in lighting. It even happens with my garage cam when my flood light turns on at dusk.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.