Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: airsight ptz ip camera seems to have a mind of its own  (Read 2735 times)

DWOLF

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
airsight ptz ip camera seems to have a mind of its own
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:34:45 AM »

seems i have little control over whats viewed.No matter what in doing with the camera,changing position,panning,ect all the sudden the cam takes over and nothin i do can stop it.by the time theres something i want to view the cam takes over,repositions,usuall in the worst viewing angle and by the time i regain control whatever i needed to view has changed.i tried resetting the presets,it doesnt work,i tries clicking on the stop horizontal patrol,that does nothing,the cam quickly moves to the left about halfway between center and all the way right then points straight down,nothing ive tried can stop this,i'm so agrivated i'm about ready to take a ball bat to it.the ninji pan n tilt works so much better than this pos. i would never have bought this $300 camera it i though for a sec theres no way to control it.why wont it allow you to view what you want as long as u want.you get a few sec befor it takes over and of course points as far from where needed as it can.another thing,stealth it isnt,ive had dozens of cams in my life,this it the 1st i seen that lights up all the way around,the lights do not do much good,a true night vision cam needs no light.i have one i built from scratch,this airsight  is so inferrior its unreal,my scratch built sees in total dark with no light sourse without a problem and it sees in color.totally programmable,predictable and has never gave a sec of trouble,only thing is the zoom is manual,not remote operated.i didnt no how good it was till i put it against this $300 airsight.i hope someone can give me some pointers befor i loose it and beat the hell out of this pos.i havent gotten 5min. of proper operation from this cam in the 2weeks i've had it. B:(

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: airsight ptz ip camera seems to have a mind of its own
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »

seems i have little control over whats viewed.No matter what in doing with the camera,changing position,panning,ect all the sudden the cam takes over and nothin i do can stop it.by the time theres something i want to view the cam takes over,repositions,usuall in the worst viewing angle and by the time i regain control whatever i needed to view has changed.i tried resetting the presets,it doesnt work,i tries clicking on the stop horizontal patrol,that does nothing,the cam quickly moves to the left about halfway between center and all the way right then points straight down,nothing ive tried can stop this,i'm so agrivated i'm about ready to take a ball bat to it.the ninji pan n tilt works so much better than this pos. i would never have bought this $300 camera it i though for a sec theres no way to control it.why wont it allow you to view what you want as long as u want.you get a few sec befor it takes over and of course points as far from where needed as it can.another thing,stealth it isnt,ive had dozens of cams in my life,this it the 1st i seen that lights up all the way around,the lights do not do much good,a true night vision cam needs no light.i have one i built from scratch,this airsight  is so inferrior its unreal,my scratch built sees in total dark with no light sourse without a problem and it sees in color.totally programmable,predictable and has never gave a sec of trouble,only thing is the zoom is manual,not remote operated.i didnt no how good it was till i put it against this $300 airsight.i hope someone can give me some pointers befor i loose it and beat the hell out of this pos.i havent gotten 5min. of proper operation from this cam in the 2weeks i've had it. B:(

DWOLF

Am i correct you're using the IPCamClient?

If yes, it sounds like you have the preset on Cruise control.

For example: i have my preset positons left is number 1. Right is number 2 down is number 3,
I set up my Cruise control to go to the above numbers .. WAIT..then move to the next ...WAIT.. then move to the next number...WAIT.. then start again.

the WAIT part last about a second or so if the time is not high enough.

What i had to do is set the wait part to around 17seconds on the Cruise Control.
NOTE: the time it takes to move from preset 1 to preset 2 etc etc.. is counted to.

In my case it takes longer to move from preset 2 to preset 3 so .. my times is Cruise to 1 wait 17 seconds Cruise to 2 wait 17 seconds Cruise to 3 wait 15 seconds then it Cruise back to 1 again to do it all over .. until i Stop Cruise.

To manually move to a preset, you have to pick on of the numbers 1 thru 8 then press the icon slightly diag. to the 7
To Set a preset you have to pick on of the numbers 1 thru 8 then press the icon sightly diag to the number 3.

BRIGHTNESS:
The IPCameraClient doesn't seem to have a Brightness control so you would have to use IP CAMERA TOOL & IE to change the brightness an Contrast,
The default is 6 for brightness and 4 for contrast.. I have to set mines on anywhere between 9 and 11 for Brightness to see fairly well at night.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:49:06 PM by richy2 »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: airsight ptz ip camera seems to have a mind of its own
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »

Dwolf,

How are you powering this camera? Are you plugging the AC adapter directly into the camera or are you using a PoE cable?

Odd behavior from these cameras can be caused by an excessively long PoE cable or using a low quality cable. The max distance is 100 ft using a top quality cable. We have had issues with low quality cables as short as 15 ft. If you are using a PeO cable, try temporarily directly connect the adapter and see if it fixes your problem.   

If it still does not work, it may be defective. You can contact customer service at 800-675-3044.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.