Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A, CM19A and HR12A  (Read 2994 times)

dallaire8

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A, CM19A and HR12A
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »

Hello,

I have been controlling 5 lights with 2 switches and 3 lamps modules and CM15A for years without having any problem. Suddenly, without having changed nothing, problems started. Erratic controls (OFF commands worked but not the ON commands)

Now I can control them manually with HR12A but impossible to make it on an automatic manner as it used to be.

Fearing that my CM15A was defective, I ordered a CM19A and downloaded the last version of ActiveHome Pro. I changed the code (from G to A), etc. Noting works automatically. The only way to control the lights is by using HR12A.

Does anyone has a clue?

Thank you
Dallaire8

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A, CM19A and HR12A
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »

Did you remove the CM15A from the setup?

Do you have a separate transceiver you where using with the HR12A or where you using the CM15A to process its commands?

If the CM15A was removed. What transceiver are you using to take the RF commands from the CM19A and HR12A. To put them on the power lines?

You can't download timers into a CM19A so the computer has to be On 24/7.

The original problems maybe a change in power line signals. Maybe new electronic devices signal sucking or making noise.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
http://www.act-remote.com/PCC/uncle.htm

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »

Did you upgrade AHP before this started? If so search the forum for "soft start", and "softstart".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »

dave w may have a good catch.
If you updated AHP and have older before soft start devices. Instant On and Off not a ramp On and Off.
You have to redefine them from the Old Lamp (Before Soft Start Tab).
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart

Easttexasdragon

• My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »

I deleted AHP and downloaded the New version and set EVERYTHING up New, Had the same problems as you could turn stuff off but not on, In AHP got to the top right hand corner click turn all lights on and they came on but I couldnt turn them on one at a time, I like to have went crazy trying to figure it out, while in AHP, if you look on the left under the Modules Tab it says Lamps then under that it says older lamps (not soft start) I had to use the older lamp modules (LM465) then everything worked.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 10:45:29 AM »

I deleted AHP and downloaded the New version and set EVERYTHING up New, Had the same problems as you could turn stuff off but not on, In AHP got to the top right hand corner click turn all lights on and they came on but I couldnt turn them on one at a time, I like to have went crazy trying to figure it out, while in AHP, if you look on the left under the Modules Tab it says Lamps then under that it says older lamps (not soft start) I had to use the older lamp modules (LM465) then everything worked.
{rant mode on}
X10 handled the upgrade to SoftStart modules, very badly from the onset. The module controller chip change to the SoftStart and Resume Dim features also incorporated AGC (automatic gain control) which helped the module become more resitant to noise...a good move, and probably one of the original intents of X10 for the change. But X10 *should have* indicated to the customer the upgrade, via a new model number, or minimally, a revision suffix to the model number. Secondly they should have included printed instructions with the modules and with subsequent CM15A/AHP purchases to alert customers. They did neither, instead relying the forum and WiKis to get the word out...a bad move. Compounding the confusion was the fact that an AHP upgrade to an established, working system caused old modules to quit responding as they had. Even an attached "Read Me" file could have helped. Most People buying a new gizmo will not assume they have to scourer the internet to find out how to get it to work properly. Many users are not even aware of the X10 forum or the WiKi.
{rant mode off}
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:43:14 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Easttexasdragon

• My Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »

Yeah... What Dave said... :'

PK

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »

I struggled with this too.  Many thanks to dave w and Texas for their guidance.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.