📸Cameras & Camera Software > AirSight Cameras

Updated firmware for Windows 8 / IE10

(1/5) > >>

X10 Repair Depot:
This firmware fixes a compatibility issue when using Windows 8 and IE 10.

Download the appropriate firmware update. Be sure to use the correct one.

XX34A and XX41A (indoor pan / tilt camera labeled XC36A)
ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airsight/XX34A41AWEBUI_20_8_1_155.bin

XX36A and XX42A (outdoor non-moving camera labeled XC38A)
ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airsight/XX36A42AWEBUI_20_8_3_122.bin

XX40A  (outdoor pan/tilt/zoom domed camera labeled XC40A)
ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/airsight/XX40AWEBUI_20_8_5_47.bin

Follows these critical instructions:
1)   The camera must be connected via a wired LAN connection. Do not attempt to do this over a wireless connection.
2)   The camera’s power supply should be plugged directly into the camera. Do not rely on a PoE connection.
3)   The upgrade must be done using Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10 running in IE 9 mode (with IE open press F12 on the keyboard. One of the menu options will say “Browser Mode: IE10”. If you click that, you can select IE 9 mode)

Then
1) Enter the camera's web interface.
2) Select “multi device" then “upgrade device firmware”.
3) Press the “upgrade device embedded web UI” browse button, and navigate to the folder that contains the file that you downloaded. Press the submit button.
4) After several minutes the camera will reboot. At this time, shut down the browser and log onto the camera again.

Dr_Pax:
What about XX39a? I had the new firware installed but still don't work with IE 10 neither Windows 8...

X10 Repair Depot:

--- Quote from: Dr_Pax on March 16, 2013, 02:58:25 PM ---What about XX39a? I had the new firware installed but still don't work with IE 10 neither Windows 8...

--- End quote ---

The XX39A does also have a problem with IE10, but the new firmware has not been released yet. For now, you can use IE10 in IE9 mode (with IE open press F12 on the keyboard. One of the menu options will say “Browser Mode: IE10”. If you click that, you can select IE 9 mode) and it will work normally.

pkspx:
x10 moderator, I understand the feature in IE to switch back but I need these cameras to work as advertised on the site. Who do i need to speak with to get these problems resolved ? I am the IS/IT director for a large company who has spent $600 on these cameras and the owner is more then pissed.

Walt2:
Is this needed for Windows 7 SP1 with IE 10?

My setup is working just fine, though I had to set up my camera's IP and airsight.net to be in Compatibility View.   Just thought that possibly, this firmware update would negate the need for Compatibility View if its for all IE 10 installations, and not just Win 8.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version