Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cameras "disappeared"  (Read 3188 times)

Maltby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Cameras "disappeared"
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

My four airtight outdoor cameras have been working great on my LAN but suddenly, on by one the have disappeared from the ip camera tool.  Interestingly, though they did not appear on the camera tool, I was able to view them by entering the ip address but then, one by one they have become unavailable.  I had made no changes to settings so am pretty curious what has happened.  My router shows the on line, but obviously the are not.  Ideas?   Thanks

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Cameras "disappeared"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »

My four airtight outdoor cameras have been working great on my LAN but suddenly, on by one the have disappeared from the ip camera tool.  Interestingly, though they did not appear on the camera tool, I was able to view them by entering the ip address but then, one by one they have become unavailable.  I had made no changes to settings so am pretty curious what has happened.  My router shows the on line, but obviously the are not.  Ideas?   Thanks
I would set up 1 camera make it work... disconnect it.. setup another camera.. make it work... disconnect it....setup the thrid camera... make it work...and then do the last.

Yea yea.. time consuming but thats what i would do.

If they all worked. i set up 1 then 2 see how that goes... then add a 3rd... see how those 3 work.. and then the last..

Maltby

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »

Yes it is a lot of work. A TREMENDOUS amount of work.  Also very discouraging that they cannot remain in working order since no settings have been changed and the camera have all been functioning perfectly. 

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »

Maybe the IP address changed, that happened to me several times.

Maltby

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »

I have fixed IP addresses for each camera. 

Maltby

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »

Okay, this is weird.. After three days of no cameras, they suddenly appear on the IP camera tool. I hadn't changed any settings or done anything to try to bring them back.  I am beginning to suspect my router, which has had issues from the start. The router BTW is a Linksys EA6500 Smart WiFi.  One of their technicians told me that this model has had problems.  Has anyone here heard anything about this?

richy2

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »

Okay, this is weird.. After three days of no cameras, they suddenly appear on the IP camera tool. I hadn't changed any settings or done anything to try to bring them back.  I am beginning to suspect my router, which has had issues from the start. The router BTW is a Linksys EA6500 Smart WiFi.  One of their technicians told me that this model has had problems.  Has anyone here heard anything about this?

I haven't heard but im using a Linksys E2500 that was a recert like new when purchased and haven't had any problems.

Maltby

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

Hey Richy2,

Problem solved..it was the router.  I did some research and found that the EA6500 really buggy.  I bought an ASUS RT N66U and in 10 minutes was up and running, it found all my devices automatically including the cameras. 

So I forwarded the camera ports and can view two of the four over the Internet.  Curiously two of the ports are not opening even though the are entered precisely the same and are in a series.  But I feel good that I am half way there.

richy2

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »

Hey Richy2,

Problem solved..it was the router.  I did some research and found that the EA6500 really buggy.  I bought an ASUS RT N66U and in 10 minutes was up and running, it found all my devices automatically including the cameras. 

So I forwarded the camera ports and can view two of the four over the Internet.  Curiously two of the ports are not opening even though the are entered precisely the same and are in a series.  But I feel good that I am half way there.
Thats great..... if the ports are the case.. you may try changing the ports and see what happens.

You can check out http://portforwarding.com for your type of router and helpful hints.

Maltby

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »

8)  Thanks richy2!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.